• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 chally color for paint...

oskar

Reaction score
hi everybody, i'm working my way through my project, but i'm getting to the step of painting it, now i really do not know in what colour to paint it, it just looks amazing in all the colors. Maybe you could help me picking the right color... thanks :3gears:

burdar

Reaction score
What was the original color? Most any color looks great when it's fresh.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Your right, they do look great in al colors. I'm partial to the blues with a wite interior and stripes. I'm restoring a burnt orange one now.

Big Jim

Reaction score
My high school 71 was medium green/green vinyl top/green interior. Loved that car, wish I still had it!(Deep dish Cragars, air shocks, flex pipe duals and all)

oskar

Reaction score
sound like a beast, big jim. the car was originally painted yellow, than it was superficially painted blue, not the b5 though... i just can't make up my mind.

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
I think that black looks the best on any car, but it's a lot of work! This was my Dads car, and he kept it looking good at all times.

2202087-1970Challenger008 copy.jpg

carsnguitars

Reaction score
Nice luv that black, you cna never go wrong with black unless your body is not straight!!........I had same decision to make on mine. It came originally Cream color, although rare color, it was too boring....so narrowed it down to hemi Orange or Go mango....as you can see the engine bay is now painted....btw almost went with yellow (but that dam transformers movie ruined it!)...purple always good choice...dam it is hard..lots of good colors...Good Luck...here is mine 10mos in on resto...put it aside now cuz picked up a 68 charger dark green...hmm should I keep it or go black...:dontknow:

70 chally.jpg

oskar

Reaction score
both look amazing, my first choice was to go with hemi orange, but i started doubting, in black it is also gorgeous but i just don't want that, i figure that such a beast should need a bright color, to shine out from all the rest of the cars, there's only 1 driving here in belgium, and she's mine :) carsnguitars, if i was chosing between black or hemi orange, i'd choose the orange, but i can't speak for all the people here on febo...

oskar

Reaction score
thanks for the chart. i'm getting more and more attracted to the hemi orange, or the b5 blue, thanks again for the help i'll let you know what the result is.. :)

joekamm

Reaction score
Lemon Twist (Plymouth name) with black interior and accent stripes always looks great.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
There's another orange one, another purple one, a blue one, wait a cream one, never hardly see that - wow, that's cool. So, that's my 2 cents. Ultimately, your decision and you need to live with it.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I like the yellow. If you want it to stand out you can't beat the yellow and black. If someone says it looks like Bumble Bee from the Transformers movie, tell them that Bumble Bee copied your Challenger.

!B82svvw!Wk~$(KGrHqYOKpgEy+jCzWGqBM4IVtk+Og~~_3.jpg

!B82tg0!!mk~$(KGrHqYOKiIEzT6vcmOOBM4I(kmkr!~~_3.jpg

oskar

Reaction score
damn, still can't figure it out, it just stands out in every colour. but for this car, the colour has to resemble your caracter, as it is an important part in your life...

a68postcar

Reaction score
I say cream too! the problem is that the cream on the outside with a H/O engine bay may not suit. the car looks pretty good from here. post up more of the pics.

Back