• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Cuda 496

raffaplymouth

Reaction score
generally you need a soft setting on the shocks so weight will transfer start with 4 clicks from lightest so you are set close . As for the Caltracs I only worked with one car that had them , it ran 11.72 before the caltracs & the best we could get was 1.72 60" with them no matter where it was adjusted . I have found ladderbars with floaters far more effective , my street car ran 1.42 -1.38 with the front wheels over 2' up.
hello ! Thanks for your post ..i have converted the transmission from 4 speed to automatic 727 .. With 5000 converter and all billet drum and manual valve body reverse pattern , same caltracs adjust ..same engine specs .. Et dropped at 10,52@135 1,56 60 ft !! No nitrous because the nitrous holley pump give me a problem .. Very hot hot and fuel pressure dropped low .. Now im looking for A2000 pump ..

383man

Reaction score
That is a very nice Cuda you have. My car is a bit like yours as I have a 63 Sport Fury that weighs just over 3700 lbs with me in it. I built a 493 with 10.6 comp and good quench as it runs fine on 92 pump. I use a solid flat tappet cam and EZ heads that are just cleaned up. So far I have run 10.70's @ almost 125 with a 1.50 sixty ft. Thats through the full exhaust system driving to the track. But I only us SS springs and the MP longer shocks. Front suspension is stock with Comp 90/10 shocks. Your mph is very good. I still have some tuning to do as I would like to get 10.50's out of mine. Ron

Back