• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 dash pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makindust2

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a 1970 challenger dash pad or just the core, I took mine out to redo the vynal and the drivers side is rusted along the windshield.
Please let me know what you have.
Thanks in Advance Skip

71RT383

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Skip,
Just sent post to 1973 few minutes ago about dashpads. Here's what I sent . I sent my (71 R/T, steel frame dash pad) to Just Dashes in late March and was given app'x eta of 8-10 weeks (should be soon). As Moparleo said ,"steel is the way to go." I was also concerned that the ABS/plastic frame would warp or buckle from heat of sun, etc., (and since my pad was still intact to the metal frame for 43 years without any separation) I opted to have mine redone.
If you do not want to have your original redone then you might consider contacting the places below.
Dante'sMoparParts.com, advertises molded pad on steel frame - $845- (colors +$100) add $200 corecharge and applicable shipping charge (?).
Was told that RosevilleMoparts.com - was offering them at $990- (steel frame).
Hope this helps out.
Stay Well.
Ken

NoCar340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What configuration dash have you got? Speakers? AC? I may have access to a good core you could use.

Makindust2

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi 71 Thanks for the advice .I am building a custom car anyway so do not need a stock nice one. I will do the covering myself.Buy the way the american harness as you suggested work out great.
Nor Car I can use whatever you have .But mine is 1970 no air single speaker. I can get away with the passenger side good only because I can weild it to mine.
Please let me know so project can continue

DELETED EMAIL ADDRESS - Ramenth

Last edited by a moderator:

NoCar340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be out at my friend's place on Sunday and will see if he still has the core from his '70. It was non-AC, single speaker. If he's got it I'll give him your e-mail address.

Makindust2

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the offer but I do not think they are the same.Correct me if I am wrong. I am located in New York
Thanks Skip

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Different emblems on the passengers side should be the only difference.

Maybe soemone else can chime in and tell us a little more.

But, your in NY. So, shipping would be well over 100 bucks I bet. Probably not worth it.

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You say that you are recovering the dash pad yourself? Do you have access to a vacuum form machine ? That is how they are done. The 1970 Barracuda and Challenger pads are different externally in that they have the name in script and they have a stitching pattern on the leading edge of the pad. The other pads use an adhesive backed name plate on the right side of the dash. Those are the basic differences.

Makindust2

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can do it without a vacum for but i do have a vacum bag.
I am doing a custom dash pad meaning I need the stock metal core ,then shape a custom foring foam and last coving that with a custom material.
I have already done a custom console that looks very similar to stock buts sweeps all the way to the back seat and hugs the bottom of the dash.
I am a custom woodworker/cabinetmaker by trade.
Thanks for the help
Skip

Makindust2

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How come I always thank people for there help but it shows that I never do?
Thanks
Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back