• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB 1970 only passenger side sport mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip69donzi

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
After further investigation, my thoughts were right about my passenger side sport mirror to my AAR. Previous owner did in fact put a driver side remote mirror cable and mirror components in the original passenger side mirror head. Fortunately he didn’t follow through with that modification to drill out the door frame or the door panel!! So I’m looking for a passenger side 70 mirror or just the mirror and back plate only as my RH head is good. Just need to make mine correct again. Thanks for your help.

IMG_0270.jpeg

IMG_0276.jpeg

IMG_0325.jpeg

QuickBpBp

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just an FYI the mirror head is also used on 70-6 A-bodies..

floyd

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The teardrop-shaped recessed area on the bottom of the A-body mirror head has a different profile than the E-body mirror head. The A-body mirror base is larger at the top where it mates to the head.

skip69donzi

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The teardrop-shaped recessed area on the bottom of the A-body mirror head has a different profile than the E-body mirror head. The A-body mirror base is larger at the top where it mates to the head.
Yes, correct. I’m not looking for an A body mirror head though, but the mirror and the mirror plate is the same is all that I need. If not I’ll just have to get an entire 70 e body pass mirror head and be done. Any help would be appreciated.

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Skip,
I believe I have the mirror you’re looking for. It a NOS from 1978, I still have the mirror in the original box. It is primered, not chrome. Please PM me for more info and photos.
IMG_2179.jpeg
IMG_2185.jpeg
IMG_2186.jpeg
IMG_2188.jpeg

skip69donzi

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Skip,
I believe I have the mirror you’re looking for. It a NOS from 1978, I still have the mirror in the original box. It is primered, not chrome. Please PM me for more info and photos.View attachment 113478View attachment 113479View attachment 113480View attachment 113481
It looks like a 71, the 70 passenger side is a little more narrow profiled, they changed in 71 and made both sides look alike burnin 70 the passenger side was more narrow than the driver side

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang!!! I thought that was the one. I’ll have to compare it to the one on my ‘70. Any idea what it would sell for?
Good luck in your search, happy hot rodding!

skip69donzi

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang!!! I thought that was the one. I’ll have to compare it to the one on my ‘70. Any idea what it would sell for?
Good luck in your search, happy hot rodding!
They look similar but the the 70 passenger side is definitely a lil more slender than the driver side, and then and 71 they made both mirror heads the same profile.
I sure appreciate your coming up with the part. Sure is a nice nos piece! Not sure what it would bring, the OER mirrors without numbers are around $100, surly you could get more for it being original nos.
Best!
Skip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back