• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1971 ‘Cuda convertible project car; 1 of 87 w/383-auto. Loaded 2-tag car

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragtopdodge

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
*****************SOLD******************

1971 ‘Cuda convertible project car; 1 of 87 w/383-auto. Loaded 2-tag, rubber bumper car w/#s matching .

I am reluctantly selling my super rare (only 295 ‘Cuda verts made in 1971) project ’71 ‘Cuda ‘vert due to (1) too many projects, including my teenage years’ ’70 Challenger ‘vert I’d like to get done, and (2) I unexpectedly owe the IRS some serious coin.

The car is 98% complete (missing AC compressor, brackets, hoses). Engine has been rebuilt and dyno’d (see pics of receipts/dyno reading), but it’s currently not running due to (1) needs exhaust manifolds (had crusty headers on there), (2) needs engine wiring harness hooked up, (3) linkage to transmission not hooked up (previous owner yanked out the OEM linkage to put a stupid B&M shifter there.

Engine is #s matching (see pic), transmission is not.

Car will roll, steer, and brake fine.

Body work needed:

• Rocker repair
  • Rear quarters (full of mud)
  • Trunk pan (extensions look ok)
  • Driver’s floor pan need patching (have new full Goodmark front pan to use whole or part)
  • Trans tunnel work (as aforementioned, previous owner literally yanked out the OEM shift linkage)
  • Trunk lid (previous owner drilled lots of holes for an AAR spoiler)
  • Paint.

Body positives:

• Floors are generally good (rear pans needs to be pounded down due to jacking car up from them)
  • Firewall excellent (restoration started by previous owner, but needs redone to fill drilled holes)
  • Frame rails excellent (couple of tears from towing hooks)
  • Hood hinge areas excellent
  • Fenders/Doors straight
  • Cowl and radiator support #s match, along w/dash VIN and Fender tags.
Other positive aspects:

• All convertible parts are there and in good condition (minus the top/rear window)
  • 3-speaker AC dash is 98% flawless. Small flaw where it turns down into the instrument cluster. No cracks on top
  • All glass is complete and in good condition. Door glass is in a box.
  • All power window regulators, wiring, are all there and intact. Front regs removed (see pics).
  • Rim blow has almost perfect spokes.
  • Super rare 16x7F, 16x9 Centerline 2-piece forged wheels w/no road rash.
  • Seats are in good condition; just needs a good cleaning
  • Front/rear sway bar car, along with power disk brakes
  • Most chrome trim in great condition; just needs polishing. E.g. ‘vert boot moulding, tail trim, wheel well moulding, door top moulding.
  • Loaded w/tons of factory options. Decode the FT and you’ll see.
  • Lots of documentation. Buildsheet (akin to Dead Sea Scrolls), can make out many options.
  • Six-way seat is all there and works great and has the chrome knob. Just needs the under floor brackets (Restorick.com carries them)
New parts purchased for it:

• New ‘Cuda hood (great fit and quality!); needs holes drilled for the hood pins.
  • Metro grille with all the chrome trims/bezels
  • Gene Gregory front rubber bumper
  • 225/245 50 series Riken tires
  • Taillight lens
  • Correct hood pins w/the OEM brackets
  • New fender mount 71-style turn signals
  • New BEA front parking lenses
  • Parking brake cable
  • Metro rocker chrome
  • AMD fender gills
  • M&H Front/Rear light harnesses, engine harness
  • NOS AC/Heater valve
  • Restorick/Domingo super high-quality rear ‘vert belt moulding quarter trim (pot metal like OEM)
  • NOS Door/ignition/trunk/glovebox locks and keys (installed)
  • AMD Front Valence

Title in hand! Sorry, no trades. I NEED THE MONEY!

Photobucket slideshow: http://s1371.photobucket.com/user/ragtopdodge/slideshow/71 Cuda convertible for sale

All parts can all be fit in boxes and can be put in the car for easy transport. Floor pan may need to be shipped separately.

Car is located in Seattle, WA area. Originally from Ohio.

$41,500. Will consider any reasonable offers.

001_zps0518d9cf.jpg

Forgot to add, I got 1970/early 1971 OEM valve covers and AVS 6125S carb w/NOS choke that goes with it.

Also, sorry, forgot to add a picture of the console. It's great condition w/no cracks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back