• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 barracuda project

jamey

Reaction score
Here are some updated pics of the floors. I have just a few welds to do, and some grinding of welds. Once finished I'm going to do the dutchman panel, then quarters.

IMG_1672.JPG

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1676.JPG

IMG_1677.JPG

jamey

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I am doing the welding and installing myself. I guess when I say i'm no body man, I mean finish body work and paint. I love to weld and fabricate. I'm getting to the point where I may not sell it. Since I have worked on it, my enthusiasm has come back. Plus my boys 5 and 3 love the cuda. If anyone is interested in having any sheet metal work done, I may be interested in doing some jobs on the side. My prices would be a lot less than a body shop would be. Thanks again.

JonS

Reaction score
Jamey,

It's looking great. Don't sell it... there is no doubt you'd regret it. Once you get far enough on "putting it back" things start to go downhill. You're heading down hill!

ramenth

Reaction score
Moderation note

(^ kinda like editor's note)

Jamey's decided to keep the car and asked me to move the thread here to the members restoration section of the forum.

Last edited:

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
I think you would have really regretted selling the car,glad to hear your going to finish her! Very cool idea with moveing the whole thread intact too and the editorial comment as well. Keep us posted with more progress!

jamey

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm gonna finish her, but it will take a while. Right now I'm doing work on my 67 belvedere. Once I'm done with that I will get back to working on the barracuda. I have gone as far as fitting the quarters, but still have more work there before I weld them. I'll post more pics when I get back to work on it.

JonS

Reaction score
I should have come up to visit you to buy this car... :)

BUT! It's looking great. You're in the exact same spot with this as my 71 Challenger. Fitting the quarters takes a LOT of time. I've had the rear valance on and off, bumper on and off, deck lid on and off, etc etc etc. I keep pushing, pulling, tapping, twisting, retrying. :)

Jon

ramenth

Reaction score
I should have come up to visit you to buy this car... :)

BUT! It's looking great. You're in the exact same spot with this as my 71 Challenger. Fitting the quarters takes a LOT of time. I've had the rear valance on and off, bumper on and off, deck lid on and off, etc etc etc. I keep pushing, pulling, tapping, twisting, retrying. :)

Jon

i can relate to JonS

But that's what makes it fun!

I remember a car that did for a customer. Fully rotisserie cooked '57 Chevy. He was getting a little impatient to see progress once the quarters came in. To the owner it looked like I was dragging my feet. 40 hours later, after making my initial cuts (they were skins, full quarters weren't to found), trial fitting, making more cuts, more trial fitting, making more cuts (you get the idea...) he stood there with his mouth open as the doors, decklid, and quarters lined up better than when the car was new.

Back