• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1971 CHALLENGER 340 R/T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopar Mitch

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
FOR SALE:: Recently discovered in backyard NW Chicagoland suburbs. Had not been driven since 1989 by the 2nd owner; currently not running but have turned engine over by hand. Was covered with tarp; complete car; no accidents; very rusty overall -- full restoration project for the right person. Original numbers matching 340 engine and 727 trans. Comes with an extra 340 (1970) that's inside the engine bay; original numbers matching engine sitting aside -- that's two 340 engines with this car; headers and dual exhaust. Sure-Grip 3.91; power steering; manual drum brakes; rear window louvers; rear wing spoiler; front and rear sway bars; ralley dash; dual painted door mirrors; 15x7 ralley rims; factory tinted windshield and all glass; black interior -- customer velour seats -- was a past show car. Front grille and rear tail light panel are in very good condition (no apparent damage). Electronic ignition.; 3-speed wipers; extra 26" radiator. Factory black R/T side stripes and R/T hood blackout. Extra ~1970 HP 383 engine (from a SuperBee) also comes with the package.

Production figures for 1971: 1 of 27,377 Challengers built; 1 of 4,892 R/T models; 1 of 1,078 R/Ts with the 340 V8; 1 of approximately 4.2% came from the factory in GY3 Citron Yella factory paint. This was an early production car (Nov 1970) -- that's why it has the 1970 model rear wing spoiler - original with car. Odometer shows original 96K miles.

Previous gentleman/owner used car for custom shows and drag racing -- has front tow bars. This car is truly very rare and deserves a full restoration -- again, very rusty overall, will need everything replaced.

Pulled just recently from the gentleman's back yard; currently being stored in heated/enclosed warehouse for viewing and inspection. Clear title in my hands. I'd love to restore this car and add to my collection, but I'll let it go to a good home and enthusiastic Mopar collector. Price is $22,500 PM me for more info; I have multiple pictures available. Can also be viewed on Ryan Brutt's Auto Archaeology UTube channel www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5APmp70v30

1971 340 CHALLENGER FENDER TAGS.jpg

1971 340 CHALLENGER PASS SIDE VIEW.jpg

1971 340 CHALLENGER FRONT DRVRS SIDE.jpg

1971 340 CHALLENGER REAR VIEW.jpg

1971 340 CHALLENGER PASS INTERIOR.jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does JS23N1B202903 retain it's broadcast sheet or build sheet or any of the original paperwork?
That is truly an awesome car and I hope it gets a proper restoration!

Mopar Mitch

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does JS23N1B202903 retain it's broadcast sheet or build sheet or any of the original paperwork?
That is truly an awesome car and I hope it gets a proper restoration!
Thanks Cuda Hunter. I've looked under the seats (rear and front)... and couldn't find the broadcast sheet. Perhaps it was removed back when the seats were custom re-upholstered (back then, no one really cared about those sheets). There is a possibility that it might be located above the glove box... I'll look there soon. At least the the fender tags are still inside the engine bay and the door jam sticker, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back