• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 Challenger A93 Deputy /6....

71Challenger/6

Reaction score
Fast and Furious 7 bought my '68 Charger project from me for a MORE than fair price. I took the cash and picked up a '71 Challenger that had been parked for 25 years. Original blue plates, same owner on the registraion slips from '72 - last tags in '85. I had it running within a day and I'm one bad freeze plug from driving the thing around town. Trans shifts fine and there are no funny noised when driving. Pretty solid, needs rear floor pans and a rear deck filler panel ,both of which I have already purchased and will install shortly. Needs a front drivers fender and a drivers quarter skin. Inner cowl is somewhat perforated, so that will be a challenge, but no biggie. Some minor patches here and there, but I'm quite happy with it. It is perpetually for sale as I continue searching for another '68 that isn't priced to the moon. Brakes have been gone through and it now has a late model 2-bolt aluminum master cylinder to feed the manual drums.

I'll go into more detail soon, just a quick status update for it for now. Frankly, I dig the patina as-is.

The day I bought it:
DSC03410_zps20a4824e.jpg

Cleaned up a little:
IMG_1251_zps4707dab4.jpg

Today with the Charger's spare wheels:
20140112_124325_zps89dc5b99.jpg

The way it is supposed to look: (Wifey even picked the color/stripe scheme)
Dodge-Challenger-Green-Wallpaper_zps3a16c5dd.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice project, that green looks kool on a Challenger, your wife has great taste.

71Challenger/6

Reaction score
Welcome! Looks like a pretty solid car. Is that Arizona sun scorch on the paint?

SoCal "hole in the o-zone" deluxe. A lot more rust than I would normally see on a true lifetime CA car, but nothing terrible. Lower cowl will be the biggest challenge.

...and yes, it is for sale, but that was not the purpose of this post.

AZkcar135

Reaction score
Nice car! I just replaced the filler deck on my car too, my dad and I did it in his garage. We added a piece of metal to the lip of the speaker panel to meet the filler deck. Got to love the old vinyl top holding in the moisture!!

71Challenger/6

Reaction score
225. It is a "C" code. Looks like the original block, but it has a red head, so I am guessing the head was swapped for one with hardened seats somewhere along the away.

dancingsteven - PM inbound

Back