• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 Challenger Rebuild

Bstoker87

Reaction score
Car is still at body, no updates on that side of things but got some parts ordered.

Ordered a 4 wheel disc brake kit and most of the front suspension kit using Moog parts.

Been passing time waiting to get my car back by working on/driving my uncle's 70 Cuda and also doing floor work on my 1973 Camaro.

Bstoker87

Reaction score
Full disc brake kit and front suspending came in, ordered a resr end kit- new sure grip posi, 3.73 ring and pinion, bearing kit, fluid and gasket.

Bstoker87

Reaction score
See how this works.

20230127_123612.jpg

Buckminster

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your plans and progress. I am considering a similar transmission swap. Did you have to modify the transmission mount?

Bstoker87

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your plans and progress. I am considering a similar transmission swap. Did you have to modify the transmission mount?
You will need to buy a new transmission crossmember if you don't buy the full swap kit.

I'm sure someone could cut a stock one up to work but not sure it's with the time cause it's very different.

I can put them aside by side for a picture if you want.

Buckminster

Reaction score
You will need to buy a new transmission crossmember if you don't buy the full swap kit.

I'm sure someone could cut a stock one up to work but not sure it's with the time cause it's very different.

I can put them aside by side for a picture if you want.
No picture required at this point. Just wanted to get some input on the differences.

Bstoker87

Reaction score
Got my new guage cluster, had it built with a RPM gauge added.

Sound like my car is next in line for paint, hoping to get color on soon!
20231005_121657.jpg

Bstoker87

Reaction score
After a year I finally went and put eyes on my car.

-Color is 100% picked, not a factory color
-All rust has been repaired
-new front fenders and hood were test fitted and have been gaped, little more work is needed on the driver door to fender gap
-next inline is to address all the "wiskey" dents from over the years

in other news, after going back and forth with a dash company I was told I should have one in a few weeks, not holding my breath.

Also, looking like after the 1st of the year to get the 512 stroker build started.

moparlee

Reaction score
After a year I finally went and put eyes on my car.

-Color is 100% picked, not a factory color
-All rust has been repaired
-new front fenders and hood were test fitted and have been gaped, little more work is needed on the driver door to fender gap
-next inline is to address all the "wiskey" dents from over the years

in other news, after going back and forth with a dash company I was told I should have one in a few weeks, not holding my breath.

Also, looking like after the 1st of the year to get the 512 stroker build started.
Where are the pictures? We need to see our eyes on it too.

Bstoker87

Reaction score
Got a couple calls today.

Dash is paid for and should be shipping by the end of the week.

Car is nearing completion for body work and they are hoping to have it fully painted and vinyl roof installed by Christmas.

Start of the year could get interesting with the start of reassembley.

Bstoker87

Reaction score
Happy to announce my new dash came in, long road with a couple hiccups but she came in looking good, just need to send my core in.

Painter is still confident the car should be ready to come home before Christmas.

Bstoker87

Reaction score
My little town paint guy has been stupid busy with dealer work, so my car is still waiting it's turn.

Sadly, when the car is done with paint, it will probably go in a storage state for a bit, life has become very expensive over the last 3-4 years.

Back