• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 Cuda

E-BODY

Reaction score
I wouldn't hold my breath looking for NOS. Many years ago late 80's I got an NOS 71 Cuda r/s front fender. The guy that sold it to me said he also got a shaker hood, they guy that sold it to him said it was a hood with a hole in it not knowing it was a shaker, but it was spoken for. That's why I bought the repro.
Yea I heard repos are good fit well But I'm not in hurry to change it over I had it all redone in 2007 so I can wait until I find it Or who knows I may have to go the same route

Last edited:

E-BODY

Reaction score
Well thanks man its House of Kolor 3 stage my Buddy who paints all the Harleys did it for me & depending war shade of light it looks blue or purple also he painted in the stripe that was amazing I like color it won 2010 Woodward dream cruise for the year

E-BODY

Reaction score
That's the spirit, don't listen to what people say and never get held back by what they claim you can or can not do!
But why join a car forum and ask people questions? I am an esl and don't quite get the irony!
Would love to see pictures of your car what type of car you have?

E-BODY

Reaction score
Here is a picture of my B-Body 1973 Charger 340 Six Pack with now a new Air Grabber Hood & all Air duct parts for under the hood I hope you enjoy still like yo see picture of your car
20200817_230848.jpg

E-BODY

Reaction score
Here my 1971 Cuda 340 Six Pack that I'm looking to buy a shaker hood for the car in my shop that has a cover over is a 1973 Sattelite 360 Magnum dual carbs with Air conditioning all original bought from California I read your comment about the air grabber hood apparently you think people can only have 1 car sure like to see what you have.
20191119_170220.jpg

E-BODY

Reaction score
I'm sorry I forgot I joined E Body this is my E Body car 340 Six Pack it's a 1971 Cuda I've been sending pictures of my Charger.
20191119_170220.jpg

E-BODY

Reaction score
The story to purchasing this car of my dream car, I bought it thinking it was a 1970 Cuda the ad said a 1970 Cuda the 2nd owner was the son of the 1st owner his dad & his dad bought it in 72 & at one point sold it to his son so his son had taken the 1971 fenders & hood and the front grill off the whole front end completely removed the 71 front clip & exchanged it to a 1970 cuda when requiring about it on phone talking with him he kept saying a 1970 cuda the son owned the car since 1975 now in his 70 so he was so still caught up that it was a 70 Cuda But at the time NO 71 CUDAS could be found But it wasn't till I bought the car & had tbe ownership changed into my name That's when I notice it, The car wasn't a 70 Cuda But it was a 1971 Cuda two days later as I was staring at the ownership I jumped out of my chair with excitement hard to do consider I'm crippled with leg pain. My Dream car the 1st car I drove I was 12 years old I still cant believe it But I'll send picture of car when I 1st got it so I purchased NOS front fenders & hood bought repo front grill not happy with becuz it's cheap Ghina crap & I bought headlight buckets from Tony Mopar becuz 71 Cuda is only Cuda come with 4 head lights got a front valance changed it all. So now I have a complete 1970 Cuda front end on my 2nd floor of my shop that I'll be selling soon. Thanks all

Last edited:

E-BODY

Reaction score
This what my 1971 Cuda looked like the day Ist I bought in 2015. But after learning it was actually a 1971 Cuda I've changed it back over to what it looked like original from Factory. I'll try take picture to send

_DSC0374.jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Cool story! That's quite the surprise!
Those NOS fenders must have put you back a few coins.
Great looking car from what I can see.
What is it's original colors? Hoping it retained it's fender tag since the front end was changed out.
If that's a black plastic 70 grill I'm interested.

E-BODY

Reaction score
What is it's original colors? Hoping it retained it's fender tag since the front end was changed out.
It's original or OEM part the guy put it on in 1978 I have the plastic that goes around headlights the bottom valance the top metal part the head light buckets that why the stripes stopped at front fenders but once I'm done my charger I start working on this I dont have fender tag that's not the original color I'm gonna get it bead blasted paint it b4 blue with either black vynal roof & white 340 billboard or black The fenders cost 3k for the pair $1,100 for the grill from Roseville Mopar $500 for headlight buckets from Tony Mopar & valance the insert for valance Roseville Mopar too I had to change Cowell as well

E-BODY

Reaction score
I'll take pictures of the front grill it's old But as as I can I work long hrs

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
sweet! I totally understand. i work very long hours also.
Sounds like a really cool 71 you have there.
Have you looked for a build sheet in the seats or behind the glove box? especially since there is no fender tag.

E-BODY

Reaction score
sweet! I totally understand. i work very long hours also.
Sounds like a really cool 71 you have there.
Have you looked for a build sheet in the seats or behind the glove box? especially since there is no fender tag.
Up to you I have I have the grill with bezel & all other parts up in the rafter of my shop well the 3rd floor that I call rafters I can bring it down its plastics un wrap it take pictures up to you I know their gonna get more valuable as time goes on, I've seen them selling on Ebay for $1,200 crazy idk

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I'm primarily looking for a black plastic grill and not the standard grey plastic grill.
If you can see it's the grey plastic grill it's not what I'm after. I have a grey plastic grill. I need a black plastic grill for an M46 that I own and I believe it may have came with a black plastic grill originally.

Back