• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 Plymouth Barracuda Grill gaps

Cudabud

Reaction score
I took my 1971 Barracuda apart several years back to do a rotisserie on the car and now I am to the point of installing the Grill and am noticing the gaps between the fenders and the grill on both sides . Was this common? And is this the way they rolled off the showroom floor . Any suggestion ,solutions or ideas on how to minimize the gaps? Thanks for any guidance

Cudabud

Reaction score
I had a couple of 1970 Cuda’s in the past and never notice anything like this , but the 1971 is a 1 piece grill. I really don’t see any way of correcting this issue without major metal work unless I am missing something. I also looked at other pictures of 1971 Cuda grills mounted and it seems these gaps are typical . It was a lot of work and years to try to get everything correct and to see something like this disappoints me . I was 9 when these car came out so I wasn’t sure if this is how they rolled out. No matter what ,nothings as bad Ass as a mopar and I will enjoy her like sweet wine.

9CD1B056-B2A6-42B0-A127-CD3445F032F3.jpeg

58D92FF7-F9D4-40C5-9E17-5C75006E9874.jpeg

douglas17

Reaction score
A new set of DENTURES for 71 from AMD (Xparts). Painted and chrome installed except head light bezels , why because the nuts to hold the screws from the back side are not included in installation hardware. That is another package ( sold separate ).
Can tell you the SOB who made it never put one together.
Install in car coming soon.

DSCF6245.JPG

Back