• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1972 Cuda 340 w/4 speed

bltcuda

Reaction score
Hello to all Mopar Fans,

I just got 1972 Cuda and I am ready to restoration it. Do you see the name on my quarter panel "Tommy Johnson" sponsor this car, his son "Tommy Johnson Jr." used to race NHRA for Don Prudome "Snake":eek:. So I dont know what I am going to do with this Cuda, should I keep Tommy Johnson name on it or back to original :confused::confused::confused:. About 90% I think I want original. Because I have ask alot of people about Tommy Johnson and they dont know who it is. So I think Tommy Johnson was not popular name???

Also the driver told me that he used to race Don Prudome in 1970's in Iowa and he have a picture that he use to race with him. So I will try to get a copy of picture from him.
[/ATTACH]

I will start working on my Cuda in middle of February.:)

DSCF0470.jpg

DSCF0473.jpg

burntorange70

Reaction score
Hey, good to see you started a resto thread. Mabby you could do a mix of stock and race car? Either way you go it should be a fun car when done. Good luck to you on the build.

ramenth

Reaction score
A copy of the pic would be a blast to see, that's for sure.

Watching the car come together will be fun for us, too.

burdar

Reaction score
It's your car so you can do what ever you want to it. Personally, I'm more of a numbers guy so I say go back to stock. Old race cars really don't do anything for me but I know a lot of guys really like that stuff.

If you do decide that you want to go back completely stock, please do your homework and really look at all of the details. A lot of people restore the 70-71 cars that way but many overlook the 72-74 cars. They deserve the same attention to detail as the other years.

I look forward to watching your progress. Good luck.

bltcuda

Reaction score
Thanks, I got alot new parts ready, I brought new quarter panel, wheel outer, trunk lid, trunk ext, trunk floor, and gutter. Also I just brought 1970 Cuda Shell body so I am going take rocker panel and rear frame out of that car. So I problay start cutting up on my car by middle of February. I will take some pictures this week.:D:D
I am not very good with body work but I have friend that will help me and he is really good with body work.
Also I took 340 engine to my cousin that he will rebuilt it for me.

Thanks
Brad

Back