• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1972 Hemi Cuda Tribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo3lo1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Here is a 72 Plymouth Cuda that was born with original 340 and pistol grip 4 speed car. It was originally sold in SC and was an SC car until I purchased it in 2005. In 1999 - 2000 it under went a complete restoration and was put back in its original form. After purchasing it in 2005 I went to a professional engine builder and had him to build the Hemi engine. (NO THIS IS NOT A CRATE ENGINE) We purchased a block from Mopar Performance in Atlanta,GA along with the crank shaft, rods, and pistons. Went to purchase a set of aluminum heads and was having difficulty in finding them as this was a poplar engine in (because of Barret Jackson). After searching several distributors we wound up with a set of Stage V heads and 2- 4 intake. We ended up with a pretty mild cam shaft because I was going to drive it on the street. After four months of finding the parts we began the machine and assembly work. After five weeks it was ready to be put on the dyno. The block was punch out to 472 CI. I told the engine builder I wanted at least 600 HP. We fired the engine up and after warming up on the dyno and walking around the engine and checking for leaks and other issues we made our first pull. We made one complete pull and my engine builder shut the engine off. I looked at him and said "whats wrong" he said you wanted a 600 hp, and I said yes, he then replies that is made 615 the first pull without any tuning on the engine. With the tuning on the 2 650 vacuum secondary carbs and 2 degrees more timing on the engine we woundup with a 625 hp with a total of 2 pulls on the engine. While we were assembling the engine and getting ready for testing I called Tremac Transmission and order a brand new 5 speed and purchased all the assembly to go with it. (includes bell housing, alumium fly wheel, clutch and pressure plate, release bearing, cross member and drive shaft.)

After engine was completed and dynoed, I was ready for the engine swap. After purchasing a set of Shuemaker mounts I was getting the car running and ready for the street but I quickly found the car had to much HP than it could handle. So I set out the build the Dana Rearend. I took the 8 3/4 rearend out of the car and installed the Dana 60 Rearend and 4.11 grears and disks brakes. I also installed the Cal Track Bars and frame connectors. I took the car and had the H pipe 3" exhausted system with flow masters muffler installed. I called Chip Foose and special ordered the rims because I wanted the 8.50 by 20 on the front and 10.5 by 20 on the rear. I also went to Year One for the radiator and fan assembly parts. After all this was complete there was only one more item I wanted on this car it was the Shaker Hood and components. After searching for a little while I found and original 70 Shaker Hood, ordered the rest of the shaker components from Ben Snowbar out of Washington State, then my engine swap was complete.
The paint on a scale of 1-10 is a 9.The original interior with rally pack guages I also had completely redone and installed the new style electric tachometer. On a scale of 1 - 10 is also about an 9. After 6 years of having fun and only putting a total of 883 miles on it,its sad to say but I must let it go. :(

NO TEST RIDES OR TIRE KICKERS This car is not for the fant at heart. SERIOUS Inquires only. Dont bid unless you intend on buying. If you need more information call me, Joe PHONE NUMBER DELETED BY ADMIN , if I dont answer, please leave a message with name and number and I will call you back. This car has won several FIRST Place awards at many car shows and a real head turner.Shipping of the car is the resonsability of the purchaser.

Price 59,900.00. CALL 704-490-8376 Location: Concord, NC... Have lots of pictures which I can email you, only serious buyers please.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

mopar410

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is just doing his job. Posts here need to have a price unless your giving it away for free.
Yeah I was just having some fun.I see that all the time you would think everyone would know the rules or atleast have all the info to sell thier stuff.

mo3lo1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures Price and Location are all listed in my ad. Anyone serious about this car please call me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back