• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1973 Challenger Seat Foam

73 Co challenger

Reaction score
Hello, so i have a question about my front seats in my 1973 challenger reguarding the front seat foam. They were what i believe to be the original seats and upon taking the old torn covers off i discovered that some friendly critters found the foam quite nice to make a home. (they also ate the build sheet sadly i found specs of its remenents in the rear seat)

problem is it was the injection type of foam and the front seats do not have springs on the back portion just the bottom bun has the springs. how do i need to go about getting new foam for the front seats? i have new covers from legendary but dont know how to go about the foam situation. i know earlier model challengers have foam you can buy for the different types of seats. but im kind of lost on what to do about my front seats as i dont know how i will be able to get new foam and have the listing wire attach to have the seats natural look. any help would be greatly appreciated.

v/r Mike

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I know Legendary doesn't list any but have you called and asked them what they use? Prolly already called but just asking.

73 Co challenger

Reaction score
no i havent called them yet, im currently deployed overseas so making phone calls is a bit costly maybe when i return i will try that.

73 Co challenger

Reaction score
im not sure if they are or not entirely. ive seen some forums where it sounds like they are but there hasnt been much about it.

Back