• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1973 Challenger Vin Is ? Whoa! production numbers don’t match Vin serial

MoparMoMoney

Reaction score
Please feel free to set the record straight. My vin serial is 27943 but according to said production of 27930 this doesn’t exist.
Yes cowl core dash and title match. Motor will be verified tomorrow now that I know where to check. Oil pan passengers side is what I was told.
Any inputs from you all would be great

IMG_1968.png

IMG_1969.jpeg

IMG_1952.jpeg

IMG_1954.jpeg

71407016133__9BFC9D42-4C94-4508-9CD0-4D7B1782CAAD.jpeg

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
Not every car down the assembly line was a challenger.
There could be thousands of non challenger cars built during the number sequence. You just happen to have a car number coincidence with the total number.

MoparMoMoney

Reaction score
That very different from Ford for sure. Also, what I read everywhere. So the complete vin I decoded and it’s a J for Challenger and other special numbers that match the panels stamped with the vin serial. So how did that happen and where are more examples of this for Challengers?

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
Looking at your sequence number, after responding, I realized your sequence number is 427xxx. That is 300, 000 cars made from a start point of 100001.

MoparMoMoney

Reaction score
Ok so my last 3 numbers are out of production number sequence by 13. Can’t wait to see responses. Very interesting

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
As stated above the sequence is not just for Challengers but Cudas as well so the vin is not the total of challengers built , No worries the Vin is good .

MoparMoMoney

Reaction score
As stated above the sequence is not just for Challengers but Cudas as well so the vin is not the total of challengers built , No worries the Vin is good .
That’s what Cuda meant! Thanks because I read his reply a little wrong. I was thinking I had Cuda parts on a Challenger

MoparMoMoney

Reaction score
Not every car down the assembly line was a challenger.
There could be thousands of non challenger cars built during the number sequence. You just happen to have a car number coincidence with the total number.
I finally understood what you were saying. It’s just a coincidental numbers thing that got me frazzled. Thanks again for passing on the knowledge

Xcudame

Reaction score
Plant "B" is Hamtrack, also known as Dodge Main. Lots of cars where made at that plant! Like Mr Cuda and Chryco Physco mentioned, more than just Challengers were built there! Like I mentioned in your other post, these guys are sharp with tons of knowledge!

MoparMoMoney

Reaction score
Plant "B" is Hamtrack, also known as Dodge Main. Lots of cars where made at that plant! Like Mr Cuda and Chryco Physco mentioned, more than just Challengers were built there! Like I mentioned in your other post, these guys are sharp with tons of knowledge!
Yeah they definitely know their stuff. Happy to have that knowledge at a key stroke. Thankful

Back