• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE 1974 Challenger Bumpers - Scrap Them??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bret Schneider

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Replaced the bumpers on my 74 Challenger with the 71 version. Cleaning up my shop this week and headed to the scrap yard tomorrow with some brake drums, rotors, etc. … Questioning whether I should take the bumpers along and get my penny/pound or whatever scrap metal is going for these days, or hang on to them and try to sell them. Seems like they would be a tough sell considering the cost to ship these boat anchors. Any thoughts? Any market for these things?

Thanks

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would hold on to them. As long as they are in decent shape someone will take them off you hands for more than scrap price. Good orginal parts are always good trading stock as well.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to find a rear bumper with the right shape repopped although the 74 is hard to mount

madeinusa1970

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bret Schneider, Is the front Challenger bumper in fair to good condition? I need a front bumper for my 1970 Challenger, mine is twisted on the corner. How much would you ask for the front bumper plus shipping to zip code 71749? Frank

Last edited:

cuda joe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry I don;t have a challenger bumper I have new 70 cuda bumpers that i;ll trade for good used ones plus cash

Bret Schneider

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bret Schneider, Is the front Challenger bumper in fair to good condition? I need a front bumper for my 1970 Challenger, mine is twisted on the corner. How much would you ask for the front bumper plus shipping to zip code 71749? Frank
You sure you want a 1974 bumper for your 70 Challenger?

madeinusa1970

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if the front 74 would fit a 70 Challenger? Did Dodge change them from 70 to 74? I saw challengers from the time I was 10 but never noticed the bumpers?

Bret Schneider

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From what I understand the 74 Challenger front bumper will fit a 70 Challenger. The 74 has the two bumperettes (or what ever they're called) so you might have to fill in those holes. The bumper brackets are where the differences lie.

I can take a look and send you pictures if you'd like. I think the bumper is in pretty good shape but I need to check for sure. Looking at around $150 with shipping. PM me if you're interested.

madeinusa1970

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, Thanks Bret pictures would be great. I remember seeing the bumper guards, but I don't remember if they were the large bumper guards or the small ones with the small pieces of rubber on them. I had a 70 and a 73 Barracuda and the 73 had the larger factory rubber bumper guards. Thanks for some pictures of the front bumper, they will be helpful. Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back