• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1974 plymouth cuda 340 4spd completely restored

Status
Not open for further replies.

oteenc2

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Up for sale,is a ground up restored 1974 Plymouth Barracuda 340 4 spd car. This car was completely restore 5 years ago, been garage kept and only driven to a couple of shows in the Wilmington NC area. The car has a New rebuilt 340ci engine and new rebuilt 4 speed trans, new 8 3/4 rear 355 posi unit. The front end has been rebuilt with all new parts, along with new brakes, and brake lines. There has been no part on this car that has not been rebuilt or replaced during the restoration process. This was orginaly a 318 3sd car. Look at the attached photos and I will be more than glad to talk to you with any and all questions. This seller is very interested in SELLING this car and not trading. The owner is asking $19500.00 OBO for the car. This car drives good, sounds good and will get the job done. Thanks for your time and interest. You can also view the photos of this car on www.racingjunk.com. PM me here. View attachment 11741View attachment 11742View attachment 11743View attachment 11744View attachment 11745View attachment 11746

Last edited by a moderator:

moparlee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell us more about what was done to the body, sheet metal replaced, floor pans, etc. Where did you find a "new" 4 spd?

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guys. Look at the details in the pics, like wiper motor, turn signal lever, hood release handle, dash cap, a/c vents, sill plate screws, radiator hose, positive battery cable, etc.. looks in good condition. Restored ? Not saying any thing bad. Just people have different definitions of "restored"

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree. Far from a restoration. It is missing parts. It has 71 front seats. It will look good for around 2-5 years and then it will need gone through again.

oteenc2

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This car is a really nice restored 74 cuda. Nowhere in this ad did it say it was a restored numbers matching 100 point restoration that was perfect. The guy did a nice job replacing both quarters, inner and outer wheel tubs, trunk floor, front floors etc. Every part on this car has been touched in some way, rebuilding, or replacing. This car does need to have a few cosmetic things done to finish the job, but not much. The owner of this car has a lot of parts that go with the car for the next owner to work with or change. The motor in the car is a steel crank 340, that was built for the street. The 4sp trans, was completely rebuilt with all new bearings and parts that showed any wear, along with the rear center section and axles. This is car is a nice driver car that should provide a lot of enjoyment for the next owner, however if you are looking for the perfect car go somewhere else I don't have time to deal with you. Thanks

Rustymopar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This car is a really nice restored 74 cuda. Nowhere in this ad did it say it was a restored numbers matching 100 point restoration that was perfect. The guy did a nice job replacing both quarters, inner and outer wheel tubs, trunk floor, front floors etc. Every part on this car has been touched in some way, rebuilding, or replacing. This car does need to have a few cosmetic things done to finish the job, but not much. The owner of this car has a lot of parts that go with the car for the next owner to work with or change. The motor in the car is a steel crank 340, that was built for the street. The 4sp trans, was completely rebuilt with all new bearings and parts that showed any wear, along with the rear center section and axles. This is car is a nice driver car that should provide a lot of enjoyment for the next owner, however if you are looking for the perfect car go somewhere else I don't have time to deal with you. Thanks

I don't think anyone is trying to harass you, but you do say, thats its been "completely restored" and that everything has been touched. Typically completley restored means removed and replaced with new, or the component restored to new. What we see is a very nicely maintained driver quality car for a very reasonable asking price. But the missing components beneath the hood kind of contradict, "completely restored".
They are just pointing out that this beautiful car has some incorrect and incomplete things going on.

burntorange70

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew this was the direction this thread would head when I first saw it.

Use some common sense and READ both his posts.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Burntorange, I couldn't read both of his posts. The last two posts on page one did not show until I opened this thread just now. I did not know he responded. I have had that happen before. Do you have any idea why that is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back