• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

3” backspacing ok for front?

DustyDave

Reaction score
currently have Mopar rallies on the front of my ‘73 ‘Cuda with P215/65/15 T/As. I want to run Keystone Klassic wheels, however, you seem to have no choice in backspacing if ordering from jegs or summit or any other normal places. I want 15x6” on the front with the same tire size, but these wheels only come with a 3 inch backspace and a -3 mm offset. These are very expensive wheels and I don’t want to spend the money and then have them not look good. I’m just not sure that’s a good backspace for look I want… But again you have no choice. If you want this wheel, you have to buy what they offer. Does anyone have any thoughts on how this would look? I prefer to have everything tucked up inside the wheel well (as it currently is) instead of out, flush with it…

IMG_1055.jpeg

Xcudame

Reaction score
DustyDave, I measured a 14x5.5 rallye wheel and it has 3.75" backspacing and 12mm negative offset. I also measured a 15x7 cop wheel and it has 4.375" backspacing and about a 10mm negative offset. So the wheels you're looking at are going to sit out closer to the fender lip then a typical stock mopar wheel. The good thing is the wheels you're looking at should have plenty of clearance between suspension components. I have others I can measure, but I'd rather not remove them from the cars.

cuda joe

Reaction score
I have 15 x 7 with 4 inch backspace and 235 /60 /15 on the front of my cuda no problems your wheels are 1 inch narrower with a narrower tire compare tire widths

Back