• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

3 Speed Wiper Dash Connector

Olacmot

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m looking for a replacement connector for the 3 speed wiper controller in the dash. It’s the bottom connector with four female connectors. I can’t seem to find one online that looks like this connector. Anyone know where I can source it?

Thanks!

IMG_4572.jpeg

IMG_4565.jpeg

IMG_4570.jpeg

Olacmot

Reaction score
You will most likely need to buy a second hand wiring loom to get that plug.
That was my fear. I’m not concerned about it being factory so I might go with a “custom” solution and remove the melted section and create a new single connector for that one post. If anyone has one laying around, please let me know. I’d far prefer to put the correct connector on it.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Harnesses for 2 speed switches (standard dash) would have the exact same connector. Those might be easier and less expensive to find and buy.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Here's another picture I like to post whenever there's a wiper switch/connector topic.

WprSwcComp(2).jpg

Olacmot

Reaction score
Here's another picture I like to post whenever there's wiper switch/connector topic.

View attachment 120642
I noted that unused terminal when I disassembled it. I see the 2 speed connector is a different configuration that looks more like this. So it will work huh? Thanks! If anyone has one like my existing, let me know, I’d still prefer that route.

IMG_4574.png

Olacmot

Reaction score
I noted that unused terminal when I disassembled it. I see the 2 speed connector is a different configuration that looks more like this. So it will work huh? Thanks! If anyone has one like my existing, let me know, I’d still prefer that route.

View attachment 120644
Oh wait, I think I read your response wrong. Doesn’t look like that pic I posted will work… I still need the same type connector. I jumped to a conclusion that the connector I just posted would connect to the unused post. Monday reading comprehension issues…

EW1BH27

Reaction score
FWIW, I converted my original standard dash w/2 speed wipers to a rallye dash w/variable wipers. No modifications had to be done to any of the switch panel connectors.

Olacmot

Reaction score
FWIW, I converted my original standard dash w/2 speed wipers to a rallye dash w/variable wipers. No modifications had to be done to any of the switch panel connectors.

Interesting. Somewhat unrelated: Did the standard dash only come with the 2 speed wiper? I have a standard dash but I’m pretty sure I have the 3 speed/variable speed wiper motor from memory of what the motor looks like. It sure seemed like it had multiple speeds from years ago, but I guess I’m a bit unsure now that I think about it. All I know is it has the park issue everyone talks about haha. A problem for another day.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Good question. Standard dashes typically came with the 2 speed wiper setup. I have a document that says variable speed (‘70 & ‘71) is option J25, and standard equipment w/shaker, rallye cluster, 440/6 & Hemi. I also heard of people doing the wiper swap themselves and keeping the standard dash.

The document is: Bulletin No. FB-DD

Steve340

Reaction score
From what I know the J25 option was available no matter if the car was base or R/T same as A01 the light group.
It seems Chrysler was fairly flexible about adding or deleting some options.
As stated in post #12 J25 became standard if you ordered an R/T or a shaker hood etc.

Olacmot

Reaction score
Good question. Standard dashes typically came with the 2 speed wiper setup. I have a document that says variable speed (‘70 & ‘71) is option J25, and standard equipment w/shaker, rallye cluster, 440/6 & Hemi. I also heard of people doing the wiper swap themselves and keeping the standard dash.

The document is: Bulletin No. FB-DD
Well good thing I happen to carry my fender tag with me! Digitally anyway.

J25!

IMG_3550.jpeg

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Couple things.
1. Figure out why that terminal overheated to the point of melting the connector so it doesn’t happen again.
2. Start a wanted thread in the Parts Wanted” section.

Olacmot

Reaction score
Good call on both. I assumed the terminal over amped from either a locked motor or bad connections through the system. The wiper motor works but intermittently and has issues going to the parked position. The bulk head connector suffered a similar fate to this connector so I’m cleaning up all connections regardless, which is how I found this.

I’ll look through the service manual to see how to test the switch.

Xcudame

Reaction score
You could try calling Year One and see if they can help you get a new connector. They seem to only have them on their full dash harnesses, but the connector has to come from somewhere.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
I know you know where the retaining tab is on the spade connectors but this may help others reading this thread. Glad to see that your "Wanted" post worked and terrywalker came through for you.

Conn. both.jpg

Olacmot

Reaction score
I know you know where the retaining tab is on the spade connectors but this may help others reading this thread. Glad to see that your "Wanted" post worked and terrywalker came through for you.

View attachment 120719

Yup! The fuse box has similar release tabs on the outside of each fuse holder. Some of them are singles, some are 3 fuse holders on one bus bar with a male spade connector attached. I didn’t get a good picture but here is one with two arrows pointing to the fuse holder release tabs on each side. I have the same six sided tool that Terry has, which is useful(Terry’s pic is attached with an arrow to the tool). However the fuse holders took multiple small screwdrivers to release. I ended up gently bending each release tab as far into the fuse holder as possible to release the 3 that are connected to the same bus bar. You also need to bend the male spade release tab to pop the bus bar out of the fuse block.

IMG_4610.jpeg

IMG_4609.jpeg

Olacmot

Reaction score
You could try calling Year One and see if they can help you get a new connector. They seem to only have them on their full dash harnesses, but the connector has to come from somewhere.

So I tried this yesterday, and also called American Autowire, but neither sell individual connectors. Found a place called CE Auto Electric Supply who sells individual connectors and has access to the packard connector catalog, but they couldn’t find this connector. Luckily TerryWalker came through.

Just posting for future reference for others.

Back