• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

340 - 10.5/1 pistons

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
When balancing the rotating assembly, one rod was off by 2 grams. Of course if was 2 grams light, so I had to take 2 grams off of the other 7 rods! But the last 10.5/1 piston is finally installed in the 340 standard bore on the forged crank. New oil pump, cam and timing chain today! Anyone ever buy the 4 cam retaining plate bolts to find that one did not have the hole required for oil passage? $10 to have it drilled.......... This is my first Mopar build, so I am taking my time to do it right. Wish me luck!

LastPiston.jpg

btceng

Reaction score
Same here. You have a much better starting point than me. What have you had done to the block prior to the build? I do wish you luck.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Cleaned the "warranty" block, honed only (stock bore), new core plugs, and new cam bearings. Nothing more than that, wasn't looking to race it, so I didn't go crazy with all the hot rod massaging. Forged crank, stock full floating rods, and 10.5:1 pistons with moly rings. I have the performer aluminum heads for it, dual plane aluminum intake, (heads and intake are ported for gasket matching), moderate hydraulic cam, and a thermoquad to top it off. And of course new oil pump, water pump, etc...... how about you?

Back