• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

340 coolant in #2

BPietro

Reaction score
Antifreeze was coming out of the oil pan drain plug first then followed by the oil
So you drained the oil and left it settle and found about 2 quarts of antifreeze?
antifreeze was coming out of the oil pan drain plug first follow by the oil. 1 to 2 quarts was judging by the oil level on dipstick

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I’m just confused at how coolant would get in the #2 cylinder from the intake, it would go straight to the oil pan I thought
In time all may leak. tear it down.

20190723_163528.jpg

20190723_163502.jpg

BPietro

Reaction score
Got her fired up, running greaat. Had no obvious signs of any problems. At a loss, but all put back together and no leaks.

blubyou340

Reaction score
Thanks was thinking the same. I put fresh oil it in and sucked coolant out. Also put marvel myster oil down each cylinder, rotated freely by hand. Wonder if I should prime oil pump and fire her up to see if she’s leaking steadily?
I would get new intake and head gaskets as cheap as they are just to be able to check if the head surface is good on head check all for peace of mind and then you would know what you have if decently close on surfaces clean real good and get thicker head gasket. Re torque and go a little more wont hurt especially if there are original head bolts better yet get a topend set from arp maybe even studs .its better then a hole in the pistons .thats my 2 cents good luck

Back