• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

360 exhaust manifold

mopar74

Reaction score
Good job. Other than a torque strap to limit engine movement you are good. Did you also add anti-rotation devices to the bolts? It really makes hooking up the head pipes a lot easier. Also as far as hitting the gear box in reverse it wasn't bad more of an annoyance and was worse when the engine was cold and it loped a bit more. I do have a fairly aggressive cam in the car. Once it warmed up it would wouldn't hit at all.
Kevin

mopar74

Reaction score
Also I wish this was totally my ideal, but a member on for abodiesonly (treblig) did a lot of the research for the later style magnum manifolds in A body cars. I took his ideal and ran with it for my E body. Bigger engine bay so fit was a lot better. I did fit these manifolds up in a 73 dart I had with a 360 and it was very tight but would work with solid motor mounts. I think I have some pictures of them installed in the car. I did not run them in the Dart as I decided to go with headers on it.
Kevin

mopar74

Reaction score
Jonny here is a picture of the torque strap I made, 1/8" x 1" stainless steel flat bar bent and twisted. I attached it to the head where the ground from the battery attaches and to the frame rail by the battery. I ran this same style torque strap on a 72 340 Duster and 4 speed that went mid 12's at 108 MPH in the 1/4 and never had any problems with it.
IMG_1437.JPG

Jonny

Reaction score
Good job. Other than a torque strap to limit engine movement you are good. Did you also add anti-rotation devices to the bolts? It really makes hooking up the head pipes a lot easier. Also as far as hitting the gear box in reverse it wasn't bad more of an annoyance and was worse when the engine was cold and it loped a bit more. I do have a fairly aggressive cam in the car. Once it warmed up it would wouldn't hit at all.
Kevin
I'd like to talk with you if you get a free minute, thx 480-532-8826

Back