• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

383 dipstick

Andrew_r/t

Reaction score
The dipstick tube that was on the car when I got it is just kind of jammed in there and not very secured. Finally time to do something about it. Any recommendations? Not too worried about staying factory correct, in fact I'd rather have something that had extra clearance or easier to install.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I have found most are difficult to install especially if they are chromed , I usually have to take a smooth flat file & make the part sliding into the block slightly smaller to get it in without damage , Roseville Moparts probably has the part you need

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
An alternative to the factory method is to use an adapter fitting on the block. It has pipe thread on one end to thread into the block (you have to tap the hole in the block). Then the other side of the fitting is a compression fitting for your dipstick tube. The dipstick itself may need to be slightly modified to fit properly and measure oil level correctly, but it isn't rocket science.

Here are a couple photos of one of the engines I modified for this tube fitting. Also a link to Hughes Engines where I got the compression fitting. You may be able to get the fitting at your local hardware store as well.

PC140014.JPG

P3010016.JPG

Back