• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

440 spark plug wire boot angle/ routing

70cuda50

Reaction score
I have TTI headers and am still trying to decide wire routing and boot angle. Not trying to duplicate original setup. I’ve looked at as many pics as can find. Looks like lots of people run them around front below headers vs running any over valve covers. I like cleaner look running under but none of the pictures I’ve found actually show boot angle that works best. Looking at universal kits that I’ll cut to length. Not sure if a mix of angles would work best or if any brands will mix. Anyone have suggestions or pics of your setup? Thanks.

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Around the front is the cleanest look for the big block. I used plug wires that had a variable angle option but a mix of straight and angled works too.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Some wire sets like MSD use a straight end at the spark plug but it is bendable to adapt to different angles for clearance .
Firecore probably has the best wire sets but may not have the bendable ends like MSD but the ends can be purchased separately

fasjac

Reaction score
I use MSD, like Chryco said, with the straight ends you can make some bends.
also found the 90* on a few cylinders worked well with my angle plug heads.

fasjac

Reaction score
I use MSD, like Chryco said, with the straight ends you can make some bends.
also found the 90* on a few cylinders worked well with my angle plug heads.
Cylinders 1,2,3,4, and 7 are 90’s on mine with TTI. 5,6 and 8 straight bent to clear. A straight will work on 7 but, real close to steering shaft.

Back