• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

500hp+ 440 build tips

rasmus westlin

Reaction score
No …… I had Indy ez heads on this engine years ago in a Dart and it did 10.7 but the Dart was much lighter, i think at this lift the 240s and EZ perform about the same, we put together a stroker for the Dart with the EZ heads and it ran 9.8
Okey sounds good ! What brand of cam do you run? And witch headgaskets?

rikkitik

Reaction score
Nice! Is it stock bottom? Any sound of it running?
Other than crummy KB pistons +.030, yes, just a 440.
It's pretty quiet valvetrain wise, the Comp 268 hydraulic was a lot noisier going down the road. But that's kind of normal for that cam.
I run the valve clearance at .016 hot, pretty much only hear the lifters with the hood open, and listening for it.

rasmus westlin

Reaction score
Other than crummy KB pistons +.030, yes, just a 440.
It's pretty quiet valvetrain wise, the Comp 268 hydraulic was a lot noisier going down the road. But that's kind of normal for that cam.
I run the valve clearance at .016 hot, pretty much only hear the lifters with the hood open, and listening for it.
Sounds good, but i was wondering if you had any video of the car running, the high lift cam must sound nice?

rikkitik

Reaction score
Sounds good, but i was wondering if you had any video of the car running, the high lift cam must sound nice?
https://youtube.com/@rjm6663
The one where I give my buddy's brother a ride, is just squeezing the throttle from a roll, no clutching it. With T/A's (even 295's) it was like driving on ice. Easy to spin them up in first and second just by punching it.

Ceylontii

Reaction score
Okey sounds good ! What brand of cam do you run? And witch headgaskets?
It’s a comp cam. Cometic head gaskets I forget the thickness… whatever it took to get me to .035-040. That engine has Ross flat top pistons 440 source H beam rods and a stock forged crank….never anything but pump gas 91 Octane. No roll cage so can only go 11.50…. thats why we add weight……

rikkitik

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it.
New setup, I just finished completely updating/upgrading the suspension and brakes. 17"'x 305 DR's.

20230507_153712.jpg

knucklebuster

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it.
New setup, I just finished completely updating/upgrading the suspension and brakes. 17"'x 305 DR's.

View attachment 110353
What rims are those? Do they have "R/T" on the center caps? They look really stylish. I think you have it really going on with this one. A full build profile in another thread would be nice. Too bad they don't have those magazines with the centerfolds for cars anymore.

Back