• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

6BBL on a Stroker Question

DALTON

Reaction score
Anybody on here have experience putting a 6bbl carb set up on a small block stroker motor? We are having problems getting the secondary's to shut after reving the RPMs. Replaced the springs on the diaphragms with the blacks and still having issues. I am open to any suggestions.
Thanks!

Steve340

Reaction score
Is there any kind of binding. With the engine off pull to full throttle and lock there, see if the vacuum operated carbs can be moved smoothly to full throttle and return back.
Those diagrams springs are largely to control the opening point. I guess they could influence closing but I believe when the vacuum signal on the diagram goes the carb should shut.
Is there a piece of linkage missing that would close the carbs?

wedg2go

Reaction score
For what it's worth, "If" the carbs were rebuilt and the throttle plates were removed & reinstalled incorrectly, this too will create just enough bind to keep the secondaries open. The throttle plates need to be reinstalled "Exactly" the way they came out. Hollys are notoriously demanding of this, resulting with sticking open or not opening at all (particularly if you're running vacuum sec.).

wedg2go

Reaction score
One more. If that throttle plate shaft is even remotely sloppy...this too will cause it to stick open. You really need to look close for this.

Back