• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70-71 Challenger Front Windshield/Apillar Measurements

chally71e

Reaction score
Hi all working on my 71, and can't seem to locate my drivers pillar where I had all my measurements on.

Can someone measure the distance across rom a driver to passenger a pillar at the top and bottom?

A measurement in the center of the windshield from top of channel to channel on upper cowl?

Lastly, the distance from side of car somewhere up to where the a pillar steel starts?

Thanks!

Adam

Reaction score
An old windshield would give you a lot of data, but remember there is a gap between the glass and the pillars which is covered by the trim.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
As Adam said. I made a template of the front and back windshield to cover the area as I was working on my ca. It is a lot easier to handle a piece of cardboard. It might not have the curves but it's close. The trim might be-able to be lay out around the frame to see if it's close. I can see if I can get you some tram measurements if I can access the areas.

Last edited:

chally71e

Reaction score
Don't have the old windshield or else I would have installed it for measurement purposes. The cardboard idea is good though.

Adam

Reaction score
Don't have the old windshield or else I would have installed it for measurement purposes. The cardboard idea is good though.
Well you will need to get a windshield eventually… fyi, I believe the new production glass is thinner than original glass and will require thick butyl to get the glass up high enough that the trim isn’t loose and rattily.

Back