• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70-71 Rimblow steering wheel

hemi135

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been talked about before concerning the rim blow wheel. Mine is an original and needs rebuilt including a new switch and ground wire. Who is rebuilding these to OE standards, fit and finish?? Mine is in pretty good shape concerning the woodgrain and such but needs rebuilt. I see the aftermarket ones for roughly $525ish and wondering if that is the better way to go VS the cost of rebuilding an original.

EV2RTSE

Reaction score
I don't have any firsthand experience with the reproduction wheels but I have had a few originals restored by Dave Tays / Plumbeeper and they came out great- WOODGRAINWHEELS.COM. Also have always heard good things about Doug Lepak up in Canada - The Steering Wheel Guy.

larry4406

Reaction score

Also attached is a procedure I downloaded years ago on how to replace the switch on a rim-blow.

Attachments

• RIMBLOW SWITCH INSTALLATION PROCEDURE.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 161

gs73rallye

Reaction score
I've never done a rimblow switch myself, but I know they aren't easy. I was a mechanic for a Chrysler dealer in the mid 70s. Only one mechanic there would even do them. I think his failure rate was about 20%. You don't know until you reinstall and the horn blows itself.

Back