• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 AAR Bringing it back from the accident.

Torqueflite

Reaction score
Zell, can't remember where I got it but here it is! Google maybe.

IMG_4776.JPG

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Been following your thread. Excellent workmanship there. All I can say is "WOW". Can't wait to see the rest. Your gonna have a really nice ride there.

Torqueflite

Reaction score
ok more
Been following your thread. Excellent workmanship there. All I can say is "WOW". Can't wait to see the rest. Your gonna have a really nice ride there.
Thanks it takes me awhile to update, lots to do. As you guys know the fitting is very time consuming. Wouldn't have been bad if it would not have had so much structural damage. Building supports to keep stuff from moving while it's on the rottisuere I had to devise some pretty goofy looking stuff. lol

Torqueflite

Reaction score
Oh and for you guys worried about trunk lid fit?
IMG_4622.JPG
In other words, not a paint stick width from the factory. lol And yes I just didn't get a straight shot with my phone. They are the same. lol
IMG_4622.JPG

moparlee

Reaction score
Very nice fab work :thumbsup: .
How is the fitment on all that new sheet metal? Did you have to do very much cutting and re-welding?

Torqueflite

Reaction score
Very nice fab work :thumbsup: .
How is the fitment on all that new sheet metal? Did you have to do very much cutting and re-welding?
The quarters were perfect except where they met the filler panel. Had to re-do the curve around the front corners where the trunk lid met the filler panel. No biggie. Rockers were pretty good. I was pretty pleased with the quarters. Cowl piece was excellent. I bought the trunk pan in one piece thinking I could wrangle it in there. No way so I split it in half under the right gas tank bracket, so that hid the seam. At least on the bottom. Right door skin was ok. Left front fender fits ok. Right fender not so good. They welded the fender together wrong in the headlight panel area. The top header fit fine between the fenders but the lower grille section lacked 1 inch of going between the fenders. Because of the headlight bucket area being welded in wrong. Right headlamp was shooting off to the right and pretty messed up. AMD said ok after I sent them picyures of it.I am waiting on another fender to arrive now. Overall AMD stuff seems very good. I have not gotten in to the final fitting completely yet. I may have to do some cutting and welding to finalize everything. Won't know till I have the new fender and get further along.

Torqueflite

Reaction score
Got the hood fitted. Note the difference in AAR springs and regular ones.
IMG_5453.JPG
IMG_5457.JPG
IMG_5453.JPG
IMG_5457.JPG
IMG_5458.JPG
IMG_5456.JPG
IMG_5454.JPG

Torqueflite

Reaction score
I have it off the rotisserie and supported with heavy sawhorses right behind the K-member and the rear kick up on the frame to do my panel fitting. I like to simulate the the front suspension and rear end being under the car. Weight at those points. This car doesn't have any frame connectors and I don't want to hang it from the ends while fitting panels.

Torqueflite

Reaction score
Mike the owner brought me the engine stuff so it will be off to the machine shop. Number matching T/A block and original heads, intake carbs and all. I think I will have the machine shop assemble the long block. I'm running out of time. lol

Back