• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 AAR

wantonebadebody

Reaction score
value? restored not exactly to orig specs like hood too shiney? wrong tires

AAR Cuda11.jpg

AAR Cuda23.jpg

AAR Cuda20.jpg

AAR Cuda36.jpg

terrywalker

Reaction score
Hard to tell without more information and some photos. $15k to $90k?
Terry W.

terrywalker

Reaction score
Well, now the photos are up and they weren't there when I first answered. One person's restoration may not be another's restoration with no photos. Let's go with $90k with a numbers matching drivetrain.

wantonebadebody

Reaction score
Well, now the photos are up and they weren't there when I first answered. One person's restoration may not be another's restoration with no photos. Let's go with $90k with a numbers matching drivetrain.
70 TA block nom

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Prices for all E-Bodies have jumped over the last year or so. Cloned/Recreated Barracudas (BH) with upgraded Cuda performance powertrains and executed very well (read that as expensive restorations) are going for $70k and up. You may find one for less but the nicer cars are getting big $. Real Cudas (BS) are getting $80k or more but condition is everything.
This AAR appears to be very well executed and shows well.
Is there a fender tag picture or broadcast sheet to see what it came with from the factory?

The A67 Barracuda Backlite Louver Package is a highly desirable option and included Rear Window Louvers w/ Backlite moldings, Left Hand Remote Painted Racing mirror, Right Hand Painted Racing Mirror and mandatory Vinyl Top option only available in Black.
This AAR would easily get $100k plus or more at one of the Mecum or Barrett-Jackson auctions.

Last edited:

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
This exact 1970 AAR BS23J0B289389 reached a High Bid of $62,000 at the September 8-11, 2021 Mecum Auction in Dallas.
1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda | S67 | Dallas 2021 | Mecum Auctions
Videographer blazes right past the fender tag. 😠

HIGHLIGHTS​

• Older rotisserie restoration
  • Correct 340 6 BBL engine
  • 727 automatic transmission
  • 8 3/4 Sure Grip 3.55 ratio rear axle
  • Power steering and power front disc brakes
  • Rally instrument cluster with tachometer
  • Black vinyl roof
  • Front and rear spoilers

wantonebadebody

Reaction score
Prices for all E-Bodies have jumped over the last year or so. Cloned/Recreated Barracudas (BH) with upgraded Cuda performance powertrains and executed very well (read that as expensive restorations) are going for $70k and up. You may find one for less but the nicer cars are getting big $. Real Cudas (BS) are getting $80k or more but condition is everything.
Is there a fender tag picture or broadcast sheet to see what it came with from the factory?

The A67 Barracuda Backlite Louver Package is a highly desirable option and included Rear Window Louvers w/ Backlite moldings, Left Hand Remote Painted Racing mirror, Right Hand Painted Racing Mirror and mandatory Vinyl Top option only available in Black.
This AAR would easily get $100k plus or more at one of the Mecum or Barrett-Jackson auctions.
Was told Resto was 2005.
Has a Fender tag, thx for the link pretty cool you found it.
These are the options that are exactly on the trim tag, except louvers were added.
That being said i talked to Jeff at the TA registry and he was saying something about the mso number had already been counted for, like to know exactly how they figure that out unless the other car has proof like a build sheet. He was also saying that it was a column shift car because of the way the sequence numbers and the way they get built in groups, certain colors or somthing like that.
Honestly who knows it being a real TA and a 70 Ta block is good enough for me. But how do we really know?

AAR Cuda20 (3).jpg

AAR Cuda41.jpg

AAR Cuda42.jpg

Last edited:

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
The Broadcast Sheet is everything for documenting an E-Body. The registries do not help enthusiasts if they hide all of the registered VINs from everyone. Many of the entries in the T/A Registry and the AAR Registry were derived from original memberships in the Special Interest Auto Club or SIAC which was active in the early-80’s. Trans Am E-Body owners would fill out a membership application and put their detailed vehicle info on the form. These were handwritten applications. Those entries may have errors since they did not require detailed pictures or paperwork.

Agree with you.
For this AAR and the alleged duplicate 289389, we need more info.
What is the basis for the earlier AAR’s entry in the Registry? Is there a Broadcast Sheet?
Is the Registry alleging this AAR has a reproduction dash VIN plate? Why is their earlier entry not questioned or why is this not the same car?

By all appearances, this AAR appears to be the real deal. Only more detailed pics will bolster that.
To start…
Cowl Sequence Number
Radiator Support Sequence Number

terrywalker

Reaction score
So I have to ask. On the inner fender driver's side, there's a hole just forward of the data plate. What is this for? I don't remember any unused holes through to the wheel wells as water would come in when driving in a rainstorm or through a snowstorm road slush. I see a couple of drilled holes on the passenger side also.
Terry W.

ctaarman

Reaction score

Not sure what you mean by "mandatory"vinyl top so forgive me if I have misintrrpreted.. They are relatively rare, but a number of AARs were built without vinyl top.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Can you post pictures of the cowl stamp and the radiator support stamp?

Did the car have any panels replaced during the 2005 restoration?

Looks awesome, regardless of anything else. Bet it's a blast to drive!!

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by "mandatory "vinyl top so forgive me if I have misinterpreted.. They are relatively rare, but a number of AARs were built without vinyl top.
No problem. Below info should explain the louver package option.
All 1970 & 1971 Cudas, including 1970 AARs, ordered with the A67 - Backlight Louver Package required a black vinyl top. The black vinyl top requirement was only on the Cudas. Also note that the blacked out rear window moulding was installed on a good number of Cudas with the package. That moulding is completely different than the normal stainless moulding. Many A67 package Cudas came with normal stainless moulding as well.
71_Barracuda_Dealership Data Book page29_Backlight Louver Package.jpg
Factory Barracuda Louvers - Black Mouldings.jpg

Textured Cuda rear window mouldings 5.jpg
Textured Cuda rear window mouldings 7.jpg

You could order a Challenger with the A44 - Back Window Louver Package, even a T/A, without a vinyl top as the package only included the louvers and the dual color-keyed racing mirrors. All A44 Challengers that I have seen were either no vinyl roof or a black vinyl roof.

The question that I have is this.
Could a Challenger be ordered with a V1W - White Vinyl Roof, a V1F - Green Vinyl Roof, or a V1G - Gator Grain Vinyl Roof AND the A44 - Back Window Louver Package? It would certainly look odd with a white or green vinyl roof but the Gator Grain might look okay.
Has anyone seen a factory A44 Challenger with white, green, or Gator Grain vinyl roof?
Challenger Brochure with Packages including A44 Back Window Louvers in Red square.jpg

Transamcuda

Reaction score
Just came across this posting I know its a couple months old but wanted to clear something up.

"That being said i talked to Jeff at the TA registry and he was saying something about the mso number had already been counted for"

The tag on this AAR is a repo tag. When it was made they didn't have a broadcast sheet or original tag to go from so they guessed at the VON. The one on the tag is actually from another AAR that is completely documented. This is a common occurrence from those who make repo/bogus tags..guessing at codes.

Back