• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 70 Barracuda Gran Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinstonWolfe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean like the first guy that you called an expert troll? Maybe you should try not to get triggered so soon from people that were willing to share knowledge....

Nicholas Davis

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saying guys.....picture from the drivers door. Any questions?

Attachments

• 20210304_180520.jpg
    20210304_180520.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Screenshot_20210304-183347_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210304-183347_Chrome.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 204

Badfish70

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your door tag doesn’t match your fender tag, the door is probably from a grand coupe car, but if you wanna reply to my dm I may still be interested in the car

Just saying guys.....picture from the drivers door. Any questions?

Nicholas Davis

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has PS, PB, A/C and two matching fenders and tail panel with Gran Coupe badges and the VIN on the door indicates a Gran Coupe. In addition, the fender tag has a stinger screw holding it in place versus factory fasteners.

Which I'm surprised Cuda Hunter didn't spot.

I am positive it's a legitimate Gran Coupe but I'm sure someone on here will dig up some obscure argument to protest.

WinstonWolfe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Nicholas Davis Like I said in my first comment, "unless you have another car's fender tag installed for some weird reason".. which is shady as hell. Only way to know beyond a reasonable doubt is to check the vin on the dash, which is gone and extremely difficult (and sometimes illegal) to replace, and check cowl and radiator support for the sequence number.

Nicholas Davis

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look Bro, no need to be salty. We all understand that an E-body expert can't be bothered with lesser working man project cars.

BTW. That fender tag was on the car when I bought it.

I'll post additional pics of the radiator support tomorrow if it will help you sleep at night.

WinstonWolfe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Nicholas Davis Please do. I don't think I could sleep for even a minute without knowing for a fact that the fender tag on this car is incorrect. You read me like a book. Thanks bro.

1971 Gran Coupe

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A copy of the title along with photos of the radiator support and the left cowl number will put the question if it is a GC or a regular Barracuda to rest. The tag could have been a transplant as well as the door.

Last edited:

70chall440

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the VIN on the dash and title? Look if it is a true GC, I apologize but the way you presented it and then showed a fender tag for a car that isn't a GC caused all this drama. If the title and dash match the door, then you have a GC but the fender tag isn't for that car. Given that the fender tags are held on with 2 (or 3 for 2 tags) screws and they are all the same size, it isn't impossible that someone put a different fender tag on the car just because he wanted one.

Nicholas Davis

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gents, it's all good. I don't need an entire panel of self proclaimed professionals and/or subject experts to dispute what I have in my possession. However, your input is appreciated and noted.

I may make a drag car out of it?

It cracks me up with Cooter Hunter's comment about Mitsubishi, maybe he is not aware of the JV for years between Mitsubishi and Chrysler? 🤔

I also just built a mag head conversion for my 318 L.A. so yeah, I'm MOPAR all the way guys. I love Ma Mopar at heart but can't tolerate the internet haters.

Attachments

• 20210225_133311.jpg
    20210225_133311.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 156

Nicholas Davis

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, those are a set of original chrome DC valve covers on magnum heads but I wouldn't know anything about Mopar according to Cooter Hunter.......

DC is an acronym for Direct Connection, for the uninformed on the forum.

Nicholas Davis

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So apparently I am an expert troll.
What the hell am I trolling for? I actually had some interest in your piece of crap.
How in the world do you expect anyone to purchase your piece of crap if you don't tell us what the deal is with it?
...........I'll just remove these comments............ I'm a buyer. You got no idea how much money I have or how many cars I have or how many cars I'm gonna buy.
Not sure if you noticed this or not but in the mopar world the tags mean a hell of a lot about a car. This isn't a mustang web site. Perhaps you should just go back to your mitsubishi website and try to sell it there.

Guess I was "triggered". Good thing you didn't call me a troll to my face.

You do anything around here but sell your crap? Have you listed any information that helped anyone ? Ever? No, just post up crap and label it wrong. Then complain that I'm asking questions about your crap? You complain with a "thanks.......". Got it.

I hope you get to read this before the censorship board 101 comes in and erases this.
Here is a question so this is not just crap on this thread. After all, I have to ask a question about the parts for this to not be a discussion.

Will you ship the stuff?
Hahaha, you missed one hell of a deal!

Badfish70

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re still trying to sell the car I’m still trying to inquire about it
Gents, it's all good. I don't need an entire panel of self proclaimed professionals and/or subject experts to dispute what I have in my possession. However, your input is appreciated and noted.

I may make a drag car out of it?

It cracks me up with Cooter Hunter's comment about Mitsubishi, maybe he is not aware of the JV for years between Mitsubishi and Chrysler? 🤔

I also just built a mag head conversion for my 318 L.A. so yeah, I'm MOPAR all the way guys. I love Ma Mopar at heart but can't tolerate the internet haters.
Yes, those are a set of original chrome DC valve covers on magnum heads but I wouldn't know anything about Mopar according to Cooter Hunter.......

DC is an acronym for Direct Connection, for the uninformed on the forum.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not a gran coupe. A barracuda by way of the fender tag anyway.
Is there a vin tag and a dash?
Does the vin tag match the fender tag?
Do the cowl numbers and radiator mount numbers match the vin tag and the fender tag?

All I did was ask the appropriate questions about identifying the car.
I prefer to know what I'm considering to purchase.

I did not have any intentions on picking the car apart. There are far too many things to pick. It's a project with multiple parts. One of the things I care about, is what the car actually is. And I can't know what it is without the answers for the three questions I asked.

I didn't attack. I was on the defense. You throw crap, I'll throw crap back. You know, typical stuff.

I hope you sell your car. Please help Badfish70 out. He's in. I'd love to see the restoration of this car. gran coupe or barracuda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back