• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger- Dynacorn floor gap?!? Whats it for?

enforcer505

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been working on the 70 challenger alot in the evenings lately. Im trying to finish up the rear wheelwells and rear floor but noticed a gap in the dynacorn panel. Should the goodmark wheelwell mate up to this gap? The replacement wheelwell doesnt have a bend in it to mate it too. Whats everyones thought? Does the original floor and wheelwell have a bend like this? I no the seatbelt bracket needs to go there but its not that thick. pics below.

Confused......

20220119_123929.jpg

20220119_123935.jpg

jt4406

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been working on the 70 challenger alot in the evenings lately. Im trying to finish up the rear wheelwells and rear floor but noticed a gap in the dynacorn panel. Should the goodmark wheelwell mate up to this gap? The replacement wheelwell doesnt have a bend in it to mate it too. Whats everyones thought? Does the original floor and wheelwell have a bend like this? I no the seatbelt bracket needs to go there but its not that thick. pics below.

Confused......

View attachment 89660

View attachment 89661
You're right about the seat belt bracket (I believe it would be prudent and take up some space to add to the thickness of the SB mount), then maybe you could heat and bend the wheelwell over to mate up?? Judging from the shot of my (original) wheelwell/floorpan, it appears they left the necessary bend you are looking for out.

Attachments

• rear SB bracket.jpg
    rear SB bracket.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2728.JPG
    IMG_2728.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 122

70chall440

Reaction score
I think this is a combination of aftermarket floor and wheel house. What is known as tolerance stack in that the the floor pan isn't right nor is the wheel house which has resulted in that gap. I would fix it by making some cuts and bringing them together or even just make a filler panel and welding it in.

enforcer505

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I thought i was missing something. I will heat it and try to pinch it together. If not cut it to fit.

Back