• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger SE SWEDEN

Carl Holm

Reaction score
Some upgrades we done this summer, striping on both sides, dual snorkel is now powdercoated and mounted on the car.
New steeringwheel, its a joy to drive now together with borgeson power steering. We also put a Edelbrock AVS 2 650 electric choke on it. Starts right up!

Upgrades we are doing this winter:
Dakota digital instrument is ordered, and will be installed.
Vintage air AC/heating has arrived and will also be installed.
The 440 block is in the machineshop getting ready, it will be a 505 stroker ( not 512 like i wrote on my last post ) my father has not decided yet if we will change it this year.
The 383 in the car runs great and feels fresh. Maybe the 505 stroker will just stand in the engine stand in the garage and looking good while we are drinking beer and enyoing the sight of it.
R/T hood is on the wish list! I think the hood we have on now its a bit flat... Maybe this year, or next.

My dad also has a 72 corvette, and a Ford 32 with a turbocharged LSX in it, plus 3 grandchildren so the time is the biggest problem now!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited:

heminut

Reaction score
Maybe the 505 stroker will just stand in the engine stand in the garage and looking good while we are drinking beer and enjoying the sight of it.
I know exactly what you're talking about! My son has a 1956 354 Chrysler Hemi engine that has been sitting in my shop ever since it was rebuilt about 15 years ago! Life issues have kept him from doing a build with it but I really enjoy drinking a beer and looking at that huge engine sitting there in the shop!

That is a beautiful Challenger!

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Sweet SE!

I don’t see no Special Edition emblem on the C-Pillar, is that by choice or not installed yet.

IMG_6367.jpeg

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
If you ever want to install them, they reproduce them.

Carl Holm

Reaction score
If you ever want to install them, they reproduce them.
I think we will, it feels a bit naked on the vinyltop without it...
Which one is the correct one? The one you send picture on, or the one with a screw in the middle? There should be holes under the vinyltop i guess, if the previous owner didnt weld
them togehter when they repainted the car and put the new top on it...

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
I think we will, it feels a bit naked on the vinyltop without it...
Which one is the correct one? The one you send picture on, or the one with a screw in the middle? There should be holes under the vinyltop i guess, if the previous owner didnt weld
them togehter when they repainted the car and put the new top on it...
Not sure, here’s the back of the one I posted above.

IMG_6368.jpeg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
There use to be a time when it was common place to see cars like this. Any upgrade is a plus to make it a better driver for reliably and comfort. It's all a matter of personal preface. The engine bay painted body color I think looks better. Over all it looks good the way it is. Thanks for for posting pictures.

Cudatom73

Reaction score
There use to be a time when it was common place to see cars like this. Any upgrade is a plus to make it a better driver for reliably and comfort. It's all a matter of personal preface. The engine bay painted body color I think looks better. Over all it looks good the way it is. Thanks for for posting pictures.
I like your engine bay just as it is. Other than black cars never could stand the body color engine bay. Keep it how you like it.

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
Some upgrades we done this summer, striping on both sides, dual snorkel is now powdercoated and mounted on the car.
New steeringwheel, its a joy to drive now together with borgeson power steering. We also put a Edelbrock AVS 2 650 electric choke on it. Starts right up!

Upgrades we are doing this winter:
Dakota digital instrument is ordered, and will be installed.
Vintage air AC/heating has arrived and will also be installed.
The 440 block is in the machineshop getting ready, it will be a 505 stroker ( not 512 like i wrote on my last post ) my father has not decided yet if we will change it this year.
The 383 in the car runs great and feels fresh. Maybe the 505 stroker will just stand in the engine stand in the garage and looking good while we are drinking beer and enyoing the sight of it.
R/T hood is on the wish list! I think the hood we have on now its a bit flat... Maybe this year, or next.

My dad also has a 72 corvette, and a Ford 32 with a turbocharged LSX in it, plus 3 grandchildren so the time is the biggest problem now!

View attachment 115281

View attachment 115282

View attachment 115283

View attachment 115284

View attachment 115285

View attachment 115286
The Challenger looks nice! The color pops and it fits the car.
I am with you on the hood - my 74 started with a 318, and the flat hood which didnt clear the air cleaner very well when I installed the 360.
Switching to the dual scoop hood fixed that.
Keep up the good work!!!
IMG_7554.jpeg
IMG_7555.jpeg

Back