• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 challenger venting off the filler neck

robin93784

Reaction score
i am looking for the proper venting of my 70 challenger fuel tank, i have the nipple on the filler tube, the tank has been replaced and there are no nipples on the tank, the sender unit has a large nipple and a small nipple i am hoping that the large should be the fuel line to carb and the small is the return but can the small also be the one for venting the filler tube and in that case would the gas cap have to be a vented cap. thank you in advance for any help

sixpactogo

Reaction score
The vent on a 70 Challenger comes off nipple on the filler tube and goes down through the trunk floor. Here is a pic. The small nipple on the send unit is for the return. On 440 and Hemi cars it had the 3/8" fuel line nipple and 5/16" return.

100_5804.JPG

robin93784

Reaction score
thank you for the reply if the small line on the sending unit is for return where do you vent the line once it gos though the floor pan. thanks again

sixpactogo

Reaction score
If yours is missing, SS tubes has a kit on Ebay for $40 bucks. Type in 70 Challenger fuel vent line and it should come up.
There is a hole in the frame rail that the vent fits into to keep it out of the elements. I don't recall if you poke it up into the truck from underneath or down from inside the trunk.

desotoman

Reaction score
so there is no vent nipple on the filler tube if it is on a 383 car correct ?

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Not correct. All 70 Challengers have the vent nipple on the filler tube regardless of engine size. They all have the vent tubing from the nipple going down through the trunk floor and into the frame rail. The cap itself is not vented no matter if it is the flip top or twist in cap

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
so there is no vent nipple on the filler tube if it is on a 383 car correct ?

Incorrect :(

Not correct. All 70 Challengers have the vent nipple on the filler tube regardless of engine size. They all have the vent tubing from the nipple going down through the trunk floor and into the frame rail. The cap itself is not vented no matter if it is the flip top or twist in cap

Correct :)

robin93784

Reaction score
thank you for all the replies, i went into the frame rail and fit perfect, i felt the tube under the floor pan was a little unstable so i put a small wire loom that fit the tube perfectly on the inside of the frame rail with a small screw to hold it in place and there is no movement at all with the tube and cant be seen worked out great!

Back