• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Cuda problem

mezmerized63

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just started having a problem with my 70 Cuda and was wondering if anyone can help remedy the problem. When I turn left I hear a clunking under the car just behind the drivers seat. The driveline feels tight so i'm not sure where to start with this issue. Any suggestions?

moparleo

Reaction score
Get her up in the air on a service rack. That's the only way to really check the undercarriage. Could be the trans mount x-member is loose or some of the uni-body spot welds have popped loose. Just got to take a look before you drive too much farther just in case.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The first place I would look is the front leaf spring mount , make sure the 4 nuts are tight

carbuilder

Reaction score
One other check

take a look at the "K" frame 4 bolts. Just found one of mine loose after 20 years of ownership.

72*birdman

Reaction score
While you have it up I would suggest checking the steering components as well; pitman arm, idler arm ball joints. I just ordered an idler arm and I only noticed an issue when in reverse. So I think sometimes it feels and sounds like its coming from a certain area but the issue maybe originating some place else.

Back