• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Cuda taillight panel needs repainted.

Bstoker87

Reaction score
Still have my Uncle's 70 Cuda after the work I did and sadly I unintentionally damaged it.

After fueling it up I parked in it my driveway which has a slope to it, fuel ran out of the cap as I was working on another car for a bit and it sadly damaged the paint on the taillight panel.

Got a couple quotes to fix it already but shitty feeling for sure.
20230416_171457.jpg

pschlosser

Reaction score
That looks like primer below the (removed) paint and I cannot say for sure, but it doesn't look factory original. I'm gonna suggest its a vulnerable spot and the (re)paint pealed off too easily. More may come off, still.

Bstoker87

Reaction score
That looks like primer below the (removed) paint and I cannot say for sure, but it doesn't look factory original. I'm gonna suggest its a vulnerable spot and the (re)paint pealed off too easily. More may come off, still.
Car was painted in 1998 that we know of but my uncle's bought the car in 2014-2015 so we don't know much of the history.

Steve340

Reaction score
That gas cap looks like the wrong one as well - may have contributed to the problem.

Back