• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

`70 FK5 A66 Resurection

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I've never seen an A66 with a factory flat hood. The N code 383 4 bbl Challengers came with a flat hood. Go figure.

EV2A66

Reaction score
I've been following and re-reading this thread for a while now. Years, actually...LOL.

Anyway, a couple notes:

The factory DID number stamp the rods and caps. I have yet to pull apart a motor that wasn't like this.

I hate to bash another guy's work, but why on earth did the dude with the rotisserie A66 car put a FLAT hood on it?

I guess you don't know these cars very well. Early 340 cars came new with flat hood, sport hood was an option. This being on early A66 and as called out on fender tag (J45) with hood pins. Many cars have had sport hood added at later date. J54 sport hood was not even on fender tags till roughly nov. time frame. If you see early A66 car Aug, Sept, Oct. build date look at hood to see if it is a non crush zone hood. If hood has crush zone you know it is a later hood and been added, if you see J54 on early tag most likely not original fender tag. Your learning lesson for the day Dude.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Interesting. I never knew that. It makes sence since the A66 was offered and put together quickly to be an answer to the 340 Cuda.

Back