• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

`70 FK5 A66 Resurection

DetMatt1

Reaction score
hey matt,just read your thread,man!! didn't think you were that far on the challenger.You wouldn't mind trading that 70 RR for a 71 charger,would you?

Details Man, details!!!!
It IS Roger then!:toothy9: Great to have you on the board!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Will check pm and raise you one back lol. I'm not good at gambling but I have three aces what does that mean?

Great looking cars and I'm like you 68s are my favorite and Chargers as well. I really like the round side marker lights of this year. I wish they kept it in 69 but I dont care for the 69 Charger lol.

I'm no gambler either but your 3 aces mean simply, that I would be screwed!
Yeah brother, I'm with you all the way on the `68's, especially the Chargers and Coronets. I had a `68 Charger but sold it like 10 years ago before a divorce. Here it is below. `69's aren't as desireable to me as the `68's by far but I still like those too!

scan0001_1.jpg

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
I'm no gambler either but your 3 aces mean simply, that I would be screwed!
Yeah brother, I'm with you all the way on the `68's, especially the Chargers and Coronets. I had a `68 Charger but sold it like 10 years ago before a divorce. Here it is below. `69's aren't as desireable to me as the `68's by far but I still like those too!

I'm with you I really like the 68s and the Coronets are awesome that year as well.

I'm drooling on that Charger man I want to kick myself for selling a 68 that was back about 12 years ago a big big big project. That car looked liked someone took a ballpin hammer to it all over the car. The floors were so thin when you stood inside the car they bowed.

redlined

Reaction score
There were 2,819 340 4bbl 4spds built and I'm not sure that I have ever seen a T6 example. Do you have any old pics of it laying around? Do you remember if it had a flat or a rallye hood? If it had the rallye hood, do you remember if it had emblems or decals for the 340 engine callout? do you have the vin # in your records? If you do and you wouldn't mind forwarding it on to me I would pass it along to Berry Washington who has a registry that includes these cars.

Having log in problems when posting, third time's the charm. I don't have the VIN, and my pics disappeared years ago in a dee-vorce. I do know the first 7 were JH23HOE, and the car was equipped as follows:

340/4spd, 3.23 open diff, std. 14" rallyes, ex. tips/valance, T6 dark tan met, black vinyl top, black butt stripe, rallye hood w/o callouts, tinted windows, manual steering, manual drum brakes, A/M radio, std gauges and wheel, std black bucket interior w/console, two spd wipers. Built 10/69.

Other than being a looker, a pretty plain car otherwise. But I loved the thing like no other car I've ever owned. The 340 was scattered by a PO, and when I got it in 1981 it had a 383/4spd with a scorched crank. It still looked nearly new, having been garage kept and pampered most of it's life.

Working as a mechanic at a Dodge dealer at the time, I rebuilt the 383 with a DC Hemi grind cam and springs, ported the heads, added an Eddy intake, 650 AFB, headers, an eight quart pan and windage tray, chrome valve covers from a green '69 383/4spd Dart GTS sitting in our boneyard,{!} threw in a Sure Grip, power disc brakes and power steering {robbed from a loaded Lemon Twist/white gut '72 400 4bbl/4spd Sattelite Sebring, also in our boneyard}

If I'd only known what those straight, complete rust free "parts cars" were gonna be worth. There was a whole boneyard full of cool Mopars. Yep, just kick me. Really hard.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Huge bummer that you have no pics or documents left from that car but I can relate!
Where are you located? Depending on how far you are from Detroit I just may come and kick you really hard, LOL!

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
matt send me your email and i will get you some better pics if you want. Otherwise it is still on BBODIES for sale page 6 or 7.

redlined

Reaction score
Huge bummer that you have no pics or documents left from that car but I can relate!
Where are you located? Depending on how far you are from Detroit I just may come and kick you really hard, LOL!

PM me if you ever make it to West Texas, I'll loan you a steel toed boot.

I could possibly track the car down through my freind's family if you'd like, last I knew it was in the DFW area,where Rich was living when he passed away. As I understand it, the car was getting pretty rough although still being driven, so Richard had swapped it and some cash for a restored '68 RR. The guy he traded with then rotisseried the car, prostreeted it and painted it Sublime with a 440/4spd. Richard saw the car after it was done and had to have it back. He then swapped the guy the RR and yet more cash for it. Rich had Mopar in his blood, might have been what caused his heart attack lol. RIP Rich, thankfully you were one of a kind 'ol freind.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Well, as much as I hate to say it, I'm thinking I'd sell this car. I was going to try to do all the rust repair before selling if I didn't just keep it for myself because that's what I really want. I have too many other "keepers" and just bought my dads '71 Challenger vert from him and really need the room more then anything else. My business is really taking off which means I will also have far less time to commit towards this hobby for the foreseeable future and I'd hate to see this car just sit. I literally have all of the replacement sheet metal for it in both AMD and good oem pieces and it is a numbers matching engine and trans as well as the build sheet and fender tag. What more could you want for a high dollar piece when finished. The best buyer for this would be one that could do all the body work themselves as that would be the biggest expense in the resto. All the info on this car is layer out pretty well in this thread but feel free to pm me with any questions you may have.
My starting price for it is 12K, that's right, I'm not giving it away.
Hate to see it go....
I also have a #s matching 383 '71 Super Bee project available that was a 3 spd stick car. This one also has a build sheet but no fender tag and has a parts chassis that goes with it and is pretty complete including a non matching 3 spd gearbox. A little extra and I'll throw in a 4 spd gearbox, pedals are still in it. This is one of 203 built and is pictured below. Original dark gold metallic with light gold bench seat interior and no vinyl top, kool ass car! The engine was rebuilt some time ago and I have several videos of it running in a different car.
Asking $7,500 for it with the parts car. Both cars have clear MI titles.
If I sell the Bee first I may not be in as big a rush to get rid of my A66.

image.jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
First of all... bummer that you're thinking of letting the A66 go. But congrats on the business starting to take off!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Thanks Robert!
As you can see by my starting price I don't really want to part with it but am trying my best to be realistic about my life and the direction it's going. This car has been at the bottom of my keepers list which is not to slight it at all. I need to focus on my business, the cars are secondary and it will literally be years before I could even begin to really sink my teeth into this project. I have my '68 RR that I should be getting back from the paint shop here soon and will need reassembly. My new love affair with my '67 Imperial Coupe is real and I would like to make some improvements to it over the winter so I can drive it to Carlisle next year. Lastly I now am honored with the ownership of my dads '71 Challenger 'vert which needs a bit of work itself. Oh and I can't forget about my '68 Coronet R\T which needs a full resto and may well be the most valuable out of the bunch when finished.
My work has been getting a lot of attension lately by a local magazine, I'm in the first 6 months of renting a 4,000 sq. ft. Shop and the work continues to land on my table without much effort. It's time to thin the herd so I can make the room for the 4 definite keepers and have the optimum amount of space for my furniture design and fabrication where I've proven that I can make the most money. I'll add some pics of all the AMD metal that goes with the A66 soon.

ramenth

Reaction score
Matt, I understand about getting your priorities in order. Trust me, buddy, I understand that completely.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I know Robert, you of all people have a firm grasp on that!
So when you coming to Michigan? Can I expect you to be my guest for the Woodward Dream Cruise in August, or you coming sooner?

ramenth

Reaction score
The invitation is awfully tempting... I might just take you up that invitation, bud.

I've got a few things cooking for business ideas right now that may see me traveling more and more in the coming years. Let's put it this way: if I weren't already looking into getting a package deal on a '69 Bee, and two '69 Road Runners, I'd be all over your Bee. But I need to start a little smaller in terms of pricing to get moving.

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
The invitation is awfully tempting... I might just take you up that invitation, bud.

I've got a few things cooking for business ideas right now that may see me traveling more and more in the coming years. Let's put it this way: if I weren't already looking into getting a package deal on a '69 Bee, and two '69 Road Runners, I'd be all over your Bee. But I need to start a little smaller in terms of pricing to get moving.

Now that deal sounds interesting.

I also love the Bee with I could afford it and the love the Challenger.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I really need to move the '71 Super Bee so I'll start a new thread for it but the price will be lower.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Here's a bunch of AMD and an oem frame rail and trunk lid that go with the A66. The trunk floor is under the front pan in pic.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

quapman

Reaction score
I've been following and re-reading this thread for a while now. Years, actually...LOL.

Anyway, a couple notes:

The factory DID number stamp the rods and caps. I have yet to pull apart a motor that wasn't like this.

I hate to bash another guy's work, but why on earth did the dude with the rotisserie A66 car put a FLAT hood on it?

quapman

Reaction score
I won't say it never happened, but A66's automatically came with a rallye hood.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Nothing surprises me when it comes to Ma Mopar, somebody didn't like the sport hood. I want to say I've seen more than one example with the flat hood but I could be mistaken.

Back