• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Gran Coupe

jbearden

Reaction score
I have a buddy that want to sell me a 70 Gran Coupe Barracuda.It's a 383 auto car,now has a 360.Original motor is long gone.The original purple paint is showing through the paint on it now.I was just curious what the production numbers are on this combo.I have found the numbers on Gran Coupes,but not with this color combo.I was really wanting to get the car to build a 440-6 Cuda and have some fun with it,but I'm worried that it will be one of those rare cars I have to pass on because I can't build it the way I want.I would have to restore it back to stock condition instead.Any thoughts or ideas?I know that if I own it then I can cut it into pieces if I wanted because it's mine,but I don't want to get crucified by the MoPar community for doing anything to a rare car.I really do want a cheap(not original) 440-6 Cuda to sit next to my 440-6 70 Challenger(R/T lookalike) and 440-6 68 Coronet 440(Superbee lookalike) that is being done the same way right now.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
There's no way to brake it down by color, those records did not survive. If you want the car, buy it and build it the way you want. Like you said the original engine is long gone and they're only original once. If it has a fender tag and/or a build sheet, keep them with the car so if you ever sell it the next owner can put it back to original if they choose. Post pics!!!

jbearden

Reaction score
Thanks Matt!I believe I'll do it.I know the history of the car for at least the last 30 years and know it has been taken care of.It's been parked for the last 15-20.My buddy inherited it from his father when he passed and hasn't driven it once since then.He goes out to wipe it down and check on it every now and then.He likes what I have been doing with my cars and believe he would trust me to bring it back to glory since he can't afford to.Been a west Texas car all it's life too so the interior is pretty much shot,but the body is solid as can be.He told me to just make him an offer on the car.Does $5k sound unreasonable?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
5k for a running GC Cuda relatively complete is a steal , unlike the Chall the GC option could not be put on a Cuda so the biggest engine available is the 383 4bbl , would you go back to FC7 purple & leave the rest of the car basically as it came ?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
5K would be a steal....post some pics. If he's your buddy and is hurtin' for cash, you might sweeten that up just a bit and you'd still be doing really well on it.

jbearden

Reaction score
thanks guys.i'll post some pics when i pick it up after the first of the year.i don't think i want to go back with the original color.maybe a black or another color that won't stand out so much.as far as drivetrain,i'd really like to build another 440-6.

Back