• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 rear panel

Nicuda70

Reaction score
Does anyone have an issue with the panels having a gap between the 1/4 glass and the felt wiper on the panel....both of mine have a gap toward the rear of the glass....Drivers side is HUGE...1"
0511201430[1].jpg

Ted70challenger

Reaction score
If you’re careful maybe a heat gun and flexing might close it . First remove the panel, then heat the backside while flexing . While still flexed let cool . But it’s risky

Ted70challenger

Reaction score
I just thought isnt there a shoulder or a part that shoves downward . It holds the top tightly to the window

Ted70challenger

Reaction score
A drawing of the detail . The plastic interior panel is black, car is yellow, and glass is blue . But you can see a shoulder that holds the top of the panel. Be certain it’s in correct. Yeh it’s a phone sketch sucks but you get the idea

EABB9FBF-F355-40C7-B837-67D1A105D40C.png

Nicuda70

Reaction score
I think the leg is too long or in the wrong place wont fit over the frame correctly. Thinking of trimming it a little and see what happens

Rich G.

Reaction score
I don’t think you have it on right. It’s a little hard to get it over the body panel and through the window crank but I think that’s the problem. Look at the lip on the inside of the panel. That goes over the body panel by the window.

Nicuda70

Reaction score
I don’t think you have it on right. It’s a little hard to get it over the body panel and through the window crank but I think that’s the problem. Look at the lip on the inside of the panel. That goes over the body panel by the window.
Thats what Iam thinking...Its either too long or not in the right position. But will try again

Nicuda70

Reaction score
s-l1600.jpg
Found the issue...the window clip leg is way too long on the new panel...I want to thank everyone for their input...it is appreciated.

Back