• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

RAD SUPPORT HELP

cawley

Reaction score
I am working on a 70 challenger that is original big block auto. The owner wants me to change the rad support because he is putting in a small block 4spd. He brought me the passenger (rt) side rad support so i can change it to fit a 26 radiator. Before i go installing it i want to make sure of some things. When i put it into place the radiator opening measures 25 1/2. Can someone please measure the distance between the bolts. I want to make sure i get it right. Also by doing that & not doing any thing to the driver side isnt that going to shove the radiator to the rt side ? My cousin has a 70 AAR cuda & i measured the distance between the two top bolts & i got 29 inches. That dosent seam right. I forgot to measure the opening. Does the AAR & T/As have a bigger radiator in them ?

Katfish

Reaction score
Vintage Air has some good info

Screenshot_20231223-071505_kindlephoto-269106.png

Screenshot_20231223-071448_kindlephoto-296103.png

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
If any doubt. Bolt the radiator to the core support and fit the other piece in. Measure twice cut once.
I learned my lesson when I cut a 2x4 twice and it was still to short.🤔

cawley

Reaction score
If any doubt. Bolt the radiator to the core support and fit the other piece in. Measure twice cut once.
I learned my lesson when I cut a 2x4 twice and it was still to short.🤔
thats funny my dad use to say that i dont have the radiator I see that its for a 73 challenger. Are the measurements the same for the 70

Last edited:
Back