• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 340 Cuda EL5 Shaker Billboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeTheDog

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
71 CUDA 340/auto, Bahama Yellow, Shaker, Billboard,
All numbers match except motor
Correct dated 71 340, assembly date (3268) within 3 days of matching auto trans (3265)
VIN, Fender tag, No broadcast sheet

26 EN2
N42 N96 R11 R31 V6X
J45 M21 M25 M31 M88 N41
EL5 U B51 C16 C55 J25
EL5 H6X9 000 817 018645
E55 D32 BS23 H1B XXXXXX

Car was stored inside since mid 80’s, unbelievably solid car.
Body and paint complete, and is beautiful,
original floors.
Dutchman panel, and 1 lower quarter replaced, other minor rust repair at DS inner fender, cowl at drivers vent, front windshield, typical spots. All other sheet metal is original.
Original drivers door was replaced due to large dent, but I still have original with VIN sticker

Have pics of body and paint in progress , before and after
Dash frame painted
Bumpers rechromed
Under carriage painted factory primer look

Car was virtually complete when I found the car, missing the motor, and standard gauge cluster, and a few misc pieces. Have pics of car in as found condition.

Original Shaker hood , No crumple zones, very early build (SPD of 817) Aug 17 1970
Original Shaker Bubble, and adapter plate
NOS 71 340 baseplate
Repo Hot and Cold air doors
Have original shaker cable from interior, but not the short one.
Original radiator
Original spacesaver
Original Jack w/ hook
4 15x7 rallyes (need resto), NO rings or centers
Mint condition original grille
Original resonators and tips
Tail Panel Trim

340 rebuilt , Mostly stock rebuild, Balanced, Mild Cam etc….Will negotiate price without motor .
Pics of motor show 6bbbl intake but will be removed and is not part of the sale .
Motor been sitting for a couple years since rebuild.
Have correct 71 intake,
Thermoquad 4973s Dated H0 (August 1970)
Distributor
71 Exhaust manifolds
Automatic transmission rebuilt, matching #

Mint original 3 spk dash pad. Car is not coded for 3 spk dash, but I’m positive it’s the original, VIN intact, and rivets appear original. I’ve asked around and it seems that it’s not un-heard of for a 3spk dash to have been installed when the car wasn’t coded for it. I do have most of the 3 spk stuff, grilles, harness, core speakers, crossover, etc…
Beautiful original door panels, and seat backs

Below is a list of parts that were restored by Jules Ddaddio (Jules the Wiperman)
All parts original to the car,
3 spd wiper motor
Wiper linkage
Heater Box
Steering Column
Rear taillight housings
Front parking light housings w/pigtails
E-brake assembly

New parts
Fuel lines
Brake lines
NOS Defrost cable
Leaf spring rebuild kit
There’s more……….lots of bits and pieces, just can remember right now, but you’ll get it all.
The car was mostly complete when I found it so there’s not much left to look for. But there are a few parts still needed, or needing to restored.

Parts still needing restoration
Front/Rear suspension
Rimblow
Seat belts
Rear end
Radiator
Instrument cluster
console
Drive shaft….and lots of small parts

Partial list of parts still needed that I can think of off the top of my head,
Seat covers, Headliner, Sail panels, carpet, package tray, trunk divider, trunk mat, parking lenses, side marker lenses,
Gas Tank, Windshield, Wiring harnesses? Have a few of the smaller original harnesses in nice shape,.
All nuts and bolts bagged and tagged

A short story , At body and paint a few things were done that weren’t to factory specs, and that I was going to correct prior to assembly.
1) Tail panel paint should extend down to behind bumper
2) Radiator support was painted completely black, at grille side only
3) Inside trunk at quarters were sprayed with sound deadener. This is what happened. Body man ask me if I wanted it installed. I assumed he was going to replace it per factory, thinking the media blaster removed some of it. You can still see the original deadener , as he only applied it were it was bare. Looks good just not correct. But can be fixed. The Quarter Panels are original
Will help in anyway with shipping, and storage for reasonable amount of time if necessary.

Hate to do this, but priorities change……Email for more pics!!!

$45,000 OBO cash preferred but may considered partial trade for B-Body, E convertible, or 70-71 340 4spd Duster. Bottom line is I need at least $20,000 cash, the rest…? Price negotiable without engine, or any other parts you may not need.

Trades? Send me pics, and a short story about the car or cars….

Come over take a look you won’t be disappointed. Please…Serious inquiries only. Car is located outside Portland Oregon

Sorry for the long read...the end

Tom at 503-319-2926 or [email protected]

IMG_4164.jpg

IMG_4155.JPG

Tag VIN deleted.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back