• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 340 ENGINE HARNESS FACTORY PART NUMBER??

gf7cuda

Reaction score
Does anyone know the factory original part number for the engine harness for 71 cuda 340 4-spd????

gf7cuda

Reaction score
Not yet, just figured I could put out to a few more guys. hopefully someone will know!

moparleo

Reaction score
Just a question. You are running all of these different threads looking for the part # for an original wiring harness for a 1971 Cuda 340 with a 4 speed. If you find out what the factory numbers are,( there is no single number as the harness comes in sections), what will you do with them ? There is no original wiring harness store. If this is a total nos, money is no object restoration, you should be talking to one of the major restoration shops who deal with Mopar products. They have the resources to find the parts, but they probably won't tell you unless you spend $$ with them. They have gotten their resources after years of searching and making contacts in the hobby. If you just want an original functioning harness, YearOne is your best bet and there is no single harness. The harness comes in several sections.

gf7cuda

Reaction score
Just a question. You are running all of these different threads looking for the part # for an original wiring harness for a 1971 Cuda 340 with a 4 speed. If you find out what the factory numbers are,( there is no single number as the harness comes in sections), what will you do with them ? There is no original wiring harness store. If this is a total nos, money is no object restoration, you should be talking to one of the major restoration shops who deal with Mopar products. They have the resources to find the parts, but they probably won't tell you unless you spend $$ with them. They have gotten their resources after years of searching and making contacts in the hobby. If you just want an original functioning harness, YearOne is your best bet and there is no single harness. The harness comes in several sections.
Hi Leo, I have a shot at getting a nos harness #3513251. I also have a number I wrote down a while ago # 3513747 not sure if it was for a 71. they are asking a good amount for this harness, just the engine harness. I just want to be sure before I buy it that it is the correct one(3513251). thanks....

gf7cuda

Reaction score
OK Now we know the rest of the story. I still think that your best bet is one of the restoration businesses.
ok thanks Leo !, its a numbers car and original harness is a little hacked up. if I could get the NOS or good used this would help my build.

moparleo

Reaction score
If this is going to be a driver, don't worry about going with a new harness like the YearOne. Especially If you only need part of the harness, they come in sections. And don't forget that the original harnesses were not that good and going new gets you a new, flexible harness with fresh insulation, connectors etc...Then you can always keep looking for an old one while you drive your car. I think that YearOne has a 20% discount going on right now.

gf7cuda

Reaction score
If this is going to be a driver, don't worry about going with a new harness like the YearOne. Especially If you only need part of the harness, they come in sections. And don't forget that the original harnesses were not that good and going new gets you a new, flexible harness with fresh insulation, connectors etc...Then you can always keep looking for an old one while you drive your car. I think that YearOne has a 20% discount going on right now.
Thanks Leo that makes sense, have you had experience with the year one harnesses?

gf7cuda

Reaction score
Yes. I purchased an engine harness several years ago for one of my Challengers. Harness labeled, plug and play. Great experience. Less than a $150 bucks.
good deal, i will check it out man, thanks for your help!

Back