• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

'71 Barracuda - 3-Speed / Automatic Question

Claudia

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the shifter hole in the floor on a factory 3-speed floor shift car is in the same location as an automatic floor shifter set-up?

Adam

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the shifter hole in the floor on a factory 3-speed floor shift car is in the same location as an automatic floor shifter set-up?

I highly doubt it, the Manual tunnel has a different shape. Please post a picture and most of us could tell you at a glance.

Claudia

Reaction score
20150219_203327.jpg20150219_203410.jpg
Adam - Here is a couple of pictures of my current 3-speed tunnel. I have no idea what the automatic tunnel looks like or it's dimensions for the shifter hole.

20150219_203327.jpg

20150219_203410.jpg

Adam

Reaction score
Leo, I think she wants a pic of an automatic floor. Claudia, the shifter hole is not the same. I don't like the idea, but it's your car. Get the auto trans and shifter and new floor pan. Cut out enough of the manual tunnel to mock up the auto and shifter, this will give you measurements for the shifter hole. The shifter location can be used to mock up the brackets for the floor console.
e_1_pc_floor.jpg

Last edited:

Claudia

Reaction score
Adam - I do not wish to or plan to replace the factory 3-speed floor/tunnel. I plan to modify and then weld the three automatic console brackets to my original 3-speed tunnel. I am just trying to figure out the size and location of the automatic shifter hole so that I can modify that at the same time.

Back