• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Challenger 340 Original thermoquad choke

hotrodsouth

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just bought a 71 challenger with a 340-4bbl/4sp. It came with an Edlebrock intake manifold/carb installed, but I also got a correct model number stock intake/thermoquad (restored) in the deal. My question is "can anyone send me some closeup pictures of a thermoquad installed on a 71 340 with closeups of the choke linkage connection and of the throttle hookup linkage? I am trying to get the car back to original setup and I can't find any reference material that shows exactly how to put it together. Also, I need to buy the choke...where's a good place to order it from? This is my first Mopar and any help would be greatly appreciated. I attached a couple pictures of my car.

Thanks,
Brian

Front.jpg

Engine.jpg

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
Cool car! Can't help you out on the picture's, but I'm sure someone here can. Love those 71's!

Last edited:

hotrodsouth

Reaction score
The R/T 340 4spd was a fairly rare combination. in 70 and 71, the 340 was a high performance 10.5:1 compression engine making 275 HP. It ran close to the 383 in the 1/4 mile and was not far behind the 440.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Carb photos

I think these should be helpful, let me know if these work or if you need further info. Good luck!

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

71Challenger318

Reaction score
I should have read this before I posted in the engine forum. I am looking for a solution to this problem too but I don't care about "correct" I just need works and cheap! There is an NOS choke on ebay for $100...more clams then I want to spend.

Back