• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Challenger rt 340 4sp # matching car

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the replies. I appreciate it. Nice to have some good luck for once. I've been buying mopars for years and this 1 was a no brainer after researching that year. I currently own 4 a bodies and 1 of them a 71 340 Demon since I was 17. Went thru a few motors in that 1 tho. So is the build sheet for the challengers under the part of the back seat that you sit on or the other upper part? I always thought they were under it but ive seen them in the front buckets before?

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
71’s are my favorite. Great car that is in nice shape!
Disc brakes, buckets, console 4 speed, locking gas cap and No radio.

If the space saver spare is original it means it came with 15” wheels.

Did you get or look for broadcast sheet?

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Where are the build sheets put on the challengers? I seen them under back seat and under buckets on the a bodies but not sure on the e bodies. Dont wanna disassemble anything that I dont have to but it would be nice to just know. Id like to get the info.
Thanks,

R4Sedan

Reaction score
Nice car, Your broadcast sheet is usually under the rear seat. But, It can be on top of glove box top of headliner. Its hunting. I just took another '70 apart and mine was under back seat. And two punch/inspection cards on top of headliner. Good Luck.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I've seen just as many build sheets in the front seats as the rear.
A few have been found under carpet. I've seen one picture of a B.S. above the gas tank.

Have you found any pictures of the color/stripe combination yet?

That is an absolutely astounding car! Sweet Sweet Sweet combo

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
I've seen just as many build sheets in the front seats as the rear.
A few have been found under carpet. I've seen one picture of a B.S. above the gas tank.

Have you found any pictures of the color/stripe combination yet?

That is an absolutely astounding car! Sweet Sweet Sweet combo

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Yea the fender tag has tx9 with v6j stripes. Guess thats tuxedo black and chartreuse stripe kit flourescent. Supposed to be rare combo.

jeff968

Reaction score
Here is the Carlisle survivor car I mentioned.

71 Chall orange stripe.jpg

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Build sheet under driver seat. Well some of it. Lol. Gonna pull the seat to save whats there eventually. Thanks for all!

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Nice car, Your broadcast sheet is usually under the rear seat. But, It can be on top of glove box top of headliner. Its hunting. I just took another '70 apart and mine was under back seat. And two punch/inspection cards on top of headliner. Good Luck.

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Heres a pic. On drivers side wheel well. Wire on bottom is from lite. Thx

20191219_155742.jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Just from the picture of the wheel well, there is a ton of bronze spray. Usually a respray does not get so far into the trunk over the original black factory spray. Have you checked your cowl and radiator support numbers? They match the B.S. , F.T. and the vin tag right?
Im' not nay saying, just curious. It does appear that the door sticker has black behind it. The re spray guys put something over the sticker to save it thankfully.

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Yea. They jammed it but #s all check. Ill post em soon for ya. Gonna fire another mopar up before i move on to the challenger. Got a 69 dart, 71 duster, 71 demon, 68 barracuda, and 06 srt8 charger, so the mopars run in the blood.

20161012_164709.jpg

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Gonna stuff this in 1 of em.. merry xmas to all... The charger is from back to the future. Lol. But thats another site to post.
20150617_195028.jpg
20150827_220259.jpg

djais1801

Reaction score
great stable! I had a 72 H code 4spd Demon for a while...it's white and nasty

Back