• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Cuda 340 Super NICE; just went through the Mecum Auction

340challconvert

Reaction score
And an AAR, automatic in Moulin Rouge, well equiped for $95.7K
1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda | T164.1 | Kissimmee 2020 | Mecum Auctions

Dino2 (2).gif

Last edited:

moparlee

Reaction score
I saw those cars sell. Looks like the Mopars are bringing top dollar at that auction. Good for the sellers, but man.....

340challconvert

Reaction score

Matt M

Reaction score
I spoke to the 2nd owner of that car. He bought when he was 20 years old and sold it somewhere down the road.
He found it recently on the internet and saw it was going to be for sale at Mecum.
He was checking it out after it sold and was parked in the tent with the rest of TW's other cars.

He seemed pretty excited to see the car again after all those years. I asked him why he didn't buy it. He got a sad look on his face and said I didn't have 117K plus to spend on the car.
I felt bad for him.

340challconvert

Reaction score
I spoke to the 2nd owner of that car. He bought when he was 20 years old and sold it somewhere down the road.
He found it recently on the internet and saw it was going to be for sale at Mecum.
He was checking it out after it sold and was parked in the tent with the rest of TW's other cars.

He seemed pretty excited to see the car again after all those years. I asked him why he didn't buy it. He got a sad look on his face and said I didn't have 117K plus to spend on the car.
I felt bad for him.

It is a reminder that if you have an e body in finished or project form that you love, do not be so quick to sell it. I hear story after story of people lamenting their decision to move the car on. I could not afford to buy one today at the prices they are selling for.
If I had the foresight to keep some of the Challengers I had back in the day, I would be a wealthy man today.
Just my thoughts on this!
Dino2 (2).gif

Matt M

Reaction score
You are so right man.
I have had several good E body's over the years and have sold them for a multitude of reasons. None that I can think of now.
I have a great V Code RR now but I am always looking for another 70 340 4 Speed Cuda…………….
Past E Body's, all were good hard to find cars now.
70 Challenger A66 Auto.jpg
70 Cuda 340 Auto 2.jpg
70 RT Challenger RT 440 Auto.jpg
71 Cuda 340 4 Speed.JPG
71 Cuda 383 Auto.jpg

Back