• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

QUESTION. Current Location Of The Purple 1971 Hemi GTX 4 Speed Car That I Used To Own?

hemi71x

Reaction score
YES, i know this is the "E" Bodies site, but please forgive me for asking this question here on this site, also.
It's important for me to find out.
Would anyone out there in the Mopar world, know where the Purple, 1971 Hemi GTX 4 Speed car, in now located, and possibly who the owner is?
It's had three different owners since i sold it off back in 2010.
I kept it for 33 years before i sold it.
That's another long story, for another time.
I sold it to a big league collector in Southern California, that had it in his collection for ten years or more.
Then he sold it to someone that i think is named Flanagan, or Finnegan, in what i think was Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, one of the (I) states?
I knew it was put up for auction at one of big national auction houses a few years back, that i thought that it didn't sell at the reserve price, of $350,000 thousand dollars.
I just got a phone call from the guy that i purchased the car from, back in 1977, years ago, saying it has sold at $250,000 thousand dollars.
If that's true, someone new to me, is the current owner.
I would like to know more about that car, since i owned it.
Anyone out there know where it's at?
It's like it fell off the face of the Earth.
You can write me a pm if you wish, and not make it public.
Thank's a lot. Appreciate any information.
Jim V.
hemi71x

EDIT:
I just found this, when the car was put up for auction, back in 2020.
1971 Plymouth Hemi GTX at Indy 2020 as S160 - Mecum Auctions
Gettin closer.
Found this video.

Picture 006 (Small).jpg

Last edited:

hemi71x

Reaction score
MoparCarGuy
Thank's for posting that information.
The guy that i sold it to, must have had that report done on the car.
Found out on the internet this morning that at the Mecum auction, back in 2020, it was owned by a dentist, back in Pennsylvania.
I'm going to see, find out, if he's still the current owner.
I could tell him lots more, other than what he probably already knows, in regards to the history on that car that i used to own.
Jim V.
hemi71x

Back