• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB 71 Cuda Convertible Windshield Molding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricoman97

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Need 71 Cuda Windshield Molding in great condition. Worse case, I need just the top of windshield strip as mine has a huge ding in it.

Does the hardtop and convertible windshield molding differ?
Thanks in advance
Rich

crocha617

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which ones are you talking about? The thinner ones on the outside that wrap around closest to the windshield are all the same for vert or hardtop. If you need the thick ones on top I have an extra pair.

hofilbert

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IF they are stainless steel, those dents are not too difficult to remove and polish to look like new again. I did my entire Mustang trim all around and wasn't difficult at all. Time consuming, but not difficult. There are videos on youtube showing how to remove dents and repolish.
I have some dents in my cuda's top header panel, and I'm hoping to remove the panels and take out the dents over the winter months coming up. Removing the panels can be more difficult than removing the dents.
That option can save you a boat load of money.

ricoman97

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am talking about the thinner ones that wrap closest to the windshield. So you are sure they are the same as the hardtop? Any company I call says they are different... I have the thicker ones, those are not the problems.

The dent I am talking about it fairly massive. Enough to have broken the windshield as well.

crocha617

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the 5 exterior pieces are the same. 2 L large shaped on the top. 2 small corner pieces, and the thick bottom one. All the same. I have several spares but shipping those is tough. Where are you located?

ricoman97

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the 5 exterior pieces are the same. 2 L large shaped on the top. 2 small corner pieces, and the thick bottom one. All the same. I have several spares but shipping those is tough. Where are you located?
I am located outside Chicago. If you have a really really great top piece that is all I need. Significant bubble wrap and a long tube or 2 tubes/fedex triangle boxes taped together might work.... Thank you!

hofilbert

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't want your old piece, I'd be happy to pay for shipping or whatever, to give it a shot at dent removal and polishing it. I may need it for my car one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back