• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 71 Plymouth Barracuda (Cuda Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Blair

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 71 Plymouth Barracuda that I purchased 30+ years ago, the car was a 383 2 barrel non running and not together. I've spent too much money and too many years assembling the car and I'm giving up so the car (project) is for sale. The engine is a stroked 440 (512 CI) with a stroker kit purchased from 440 Source, stealth aluminum heads, 1.6 roller rockers, a fluid damper, MSD ignition, a CH4B intake, and Holley 870 4 barrel carb. The engine produced 540 HP and 600 ft lbs. of torque at 4000 RPM. The transmission was rebuilt by an experienced transmission shop and is connected to a 3000 RPM stall converter. The power steering was rebuilt by Lahrs in Princeton MN and the pump is as are the hoses all from Classic Industries. The seat frames were blasted and powder coated with new foam and leather upholstery (front seats have leather inserts per Legendary Upholstery) and installed by a reputable Upholstery shop. Front torsion bars, rear springs, and all components are from PST with Urethane bushings and 1 1/4 inch sway bar. Rear Sway bar is a 7/8 Hell-wig unit that bolts under a rebuilt Dana 60 (4.10 ratio) for clearance required by TTI full 3 inch exhaust. The car has a Gear Vendors overdrive that makes the final drive 3.23. The car has all new wiring harnesses, a new package tray with insulation, new headliner (installed), new sun visors and rear view mirror. All new weatherstripping, a new 100 amp alternator, a new High Torque mini starter, a slap stick on the floor, new carpet, hush matt installed on the floor and inside of the roof. New master cylinder, brake booster, proportioning valve, brake lines, rotors (all 4 wheels drilled and slotted), rebuilt calipers (new Dr Diff units on the rear axle), new fuel lines, fuel tank, fuel pump and fuel filter. The car is painted Plum Crazy, has gilled front fenders and a shaker hood new from AMD and Classic Industries. The car has factory driving lights, straightened and re-chromed bumpers, a 26 inch wide aluminum radiator with dual electric fans, new Daytona 500 wheels (15 x 7 front, 15 x 8 rear), new BF Goodrich TA radials (235 x 60 x 15 front, 255 x 60 x 16 rear). Interior needs assembly, car needs dash pad, windshield, rear window installed, wiring finished, steering column installed, hood installed, front alignment. The car was purchased in Nevada 30+ years ago in pieces, I should have brought the car to a frame shop t have it checked before doing any work to it but I did not (the passenger door opening is too tight, the inner door panel hits the rear inner door pane when you try and close the door and it looks like the door is forward already). The trunk lid also sits high on the passenger side once the weather strip is installed. I'm tired of this project, $40,000 gets a new owner and I'll throw in a 16 foot Skeeter Bass boat, with 115 HP Evinrude, and Easy Load trailer. Have titles for everything. If interested I can provide pictures and receipts...

Steve Blair

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No build sheet, the bottom line on the fender tag reads E61 D32 BH23 L1B 179333. I will see if I can take and attach a few pictures of the car...

Steve Blair

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pictures of my 71 Barracuda...View attachment 95941View attachment 95942
Driver Side of 71 Barracuda.jpg
Front of 71 Barracuda.jpg
Interior.jpg
Rear of 71 Barracuda.jpg

Attachments

• Driver Side of 71 Barracuda.jpg
    Driver Side of 71 Barracuda.jpg
    996.9 KB · Views: 137

Steve Blair

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To anyone interested in my car, I was able to adjust the passenger door and the door now closes with the inside panels on both the door and rear quarter. I had a weak moment when the door would not close with the inside door panels on and I was going to sell the car. After I was able to adjust the door and it closed and thinking about this project I've decided to keep working on it but if I change my mind again I'll repost the car. I hope I'm in the home stretch, I think making the car all original would have been less fewer decisions, and less work (more money maybe?).

BSG

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That really is sad. your almost there... I get it spent 11 years on my last one. Now that I've been taught about every lesson except don't buy another one... My second one is about where yours is now and its only been 2 years... I'm sure you will find it a home. These cars will have you pulling your hair out for sure.

Wizard

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, your almost there done! If your tired of working on it, farm the rest of it out to a good local restoration shop and pay them the rest of the money to finish it. Dude, all that time and money, what's a few more thousand to pay resto shop to finish it and then just enjoy it. Take a small loan out and be done with it! Think u will regret after u sell it that it will be gone. I have cars from 1986 my first car that is still not done. Needs more work yet than where you're at on this car and still holding onto it. Don't do it!

Steve Blair

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Wizard,
I was having a weak moment when I decided to sell the car! Since that post I did get the door adjusted so it opens and closes with the inner panels on, I installed the carpet, center council sill plates, seat belts (newer style with shoulder belts for the front) and both front and back seats. I did purchase a dash pad that ended up being a piece of junk so I've ordered a new pad and its about 6 weeks out. This car is way more of a project than I expected but from what I've read the stroked 440 is hazardous and will put a permanent grin on your face so I'll keep pushing on! You keep pushing on too!

Steve340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe change the designation too sold so people will not get confused.
Keep going is the right idea. Good luck.

Wizard

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Wizard,
I was having a weak moment when I decided to sell the car! Since that post I did get the door adjusted so it opens and closes with the inner panels on, I installed the carpet, center council sill plates, seat belts (newer style with shoulder belts for the front) and both front and back seats. I did purchase a dash pad that ended up being a piece of junk so I've ordered a new pad and its about 6 weeks out. This car is way more of a project than I expected but from what I've read the stroked 440 is hazardous and will put a permanent grin on your face so I'll keep pushing on! You keep pushing on too!
Good to hear. Yeah, motivation is hard to keep going on them. Tiresome and tons of time to get stuff done. I know it drags you down. I tend to walk away from them for even months at a time then get back onto them when in the mood. My buddy bought a car like yours except it is a 70 challenger. It was a basic 318 car no frills. Christ now he has it with 4 speed, 440 six pack, plum crazy he painted it, re-chromed everything I think, all new interior, he dumped like $80,000 into it and he will never get that out of it if he sells but it sure is beautiful and it screams.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To anyone interested in my car, I was able to adjust the passenger door and the door now closes with the inside panels on both the door and rear quarter. I had a weak moment when the door would not close with the inside door panels on and I was going to sell the car. After I was able to adjust the door and it closed and thinking about this project I've decided to keep working on it but if I change my mind again I'll repost the car. I hope I'm in the home stretch, I think making the car all original would have been less fewer decisions, and less work (more money maybe?).
Smart move on a stunning car.

Congratulations on keeping it.

Rob C

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever think of selling again, look me up 1st.

Go to the top of the thread there should be a banner with an area to click and mark it sold.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back